Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That would be fun to watch. Way more interesting than a boring run that finishes around $500-550M. 

Red fire bird

...Hellooo man. Could me and jimbo be right again.

Folks were quick to say we were crazy. No way for 800-1b domestic. Lol

I feel them out there. The titans and Pandorians. They're coming!!

Bring us the numbers.

Jimbo, Ncsoft, Brother stewart, Kayom . AEEWAH sent out the call!!

Jerry Maguire Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

So is $87M weekend still possible?

:sparta:

nah, jk

I admit I was horribly wrong, I really expected Daddy Cameron to pull through and deliver.

still, if $30M sunday holds, that would translate to $75M weekend if friday and saturday were equally bigger (compared to R1 25.5 sunday)

On 12/25/2022 at 3:30 AM, hw64 said:

I'll say it if no-one else will: Whitney Houston doesn't have a single good song to her name.

Usually with these big pop artists with long careers you can find at the very least one or two standouts amongst the dross (Mariah Carey - Fantasy; Britney Spears - Toxic, Gimme More, Break the Ice; Madonna - Into the Groove, Like a Prayer, many more; Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head, Love at First Sight, more).

With Whitney, there's nothing. All her big hits are forgettable and/or mediocre.

Anyway, I don't think this has anything to do with the performance of the movie, but I wanted to get it off my chest.

This is more Clive Davis shade than Whitney shade tbh. The man proved to be a hack in the 2000s after all the trouble he gave Kelly Clarkson for writing her own songs including barely promoting her album and then not being able to elevate any other Idol winner to superstardom except Carrie Underwood in the Country/Pop hybrid genre (but she too got completely overshadowed by TSwift who made her debut when Carrie started peaking).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Have you seen the movie? 😅

A blessed weekend brother Kayom. Love seeing some awesome news.

Heh. My 4 day may come true of 99-102.

Need a nice Monday hold or heck an increase over Sundays 30-32m  and hopefully 

IM feeling actuals for Sunday xmas day ends up with 33-35m😉🦝

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

This is more Clive Davis shade than Whitney shade tbh. The man proved to be a hack in the 2000s after all the trouble he gave Kelly Clarkson for writing her own songs including barely promoting her album and then not being able to elevate any other Idol winner to superstardom except Carrie Underwood in the Country/Pop hybrid genre (but she too got completely overshadowed by TSwift who made her debut when Carrie started peaking).

A statement saying that "Whitney Houston doesn't have a single good song to her name." is not shade, it's either being a troll or either being a hater or either being completely mentally retarded. 

Edited by wboxoffice
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, wboxoffice said:

A statement saying that "Whitney Houston doesn't have a single good song to her name." is not shade, it's either being a troll or either being a hater or either being completely mentally re[dacted]

I have nothing against Whitney Houston, it's just my opinion. She has a few memorable songs, but none of them are any good, and the rest of her big singles are both forgettable and mediocre.

The closest she gets is I Wanna Dance With Somebody, which is fine. It's just surprising to me because big pop artists typically stumble upon at least one great hit during their careers — not the case here.

Anyway, no need to bring this up again.

Edited by hw64
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2

8 minutes ago, hw64 said:

I have nothing against Whitney Houston, it's just my opinion. She has a few memorable songs, but none of them are any good, and the rest of her big singles are both forgettable and mediocre.

The closest she gets is I Wanna Dance With Somebody, which is fine. It's just surprising to me because big pop artists typically stumble upon at least one great hit during their careers — not the case here.

Wow have to disagree there brother HW. I will always love you is one of the most memorable songs in history. Right up there with celion Dean's Heart will go on and Footloose and What a feeling!🦝😎

• Like 3

On 12/24/2022 at 6:20 PM, M37 said:

Doing this via simple sorts, so may be off a bit w/ placement as re-releases have boosted grosses

Yes

Probably not what you mean, but Phantom Menace & Return of the Jedi

... and then Revenge of the Sith (10th) and TFA

FOTR 8th --> TTT 9th --> ROTK --> 8th

Finding Nemo was 8th, bested by Finding Dory

AOU 9th --> IW 4th --> Endgame 2nd

Not Quite

Toy Story finished 15th, TS2 beat it, landing in 17th place

... then TS3 beat them both and finally cracked T10 (barely)

Shrek finished 16th, Shrek 2 exploded into 4th place, then S3 finished 18th

Hunger Games was 13th, Catching Fire beat it (10th)

Didn't Finish Ahead

Spider-Man was in 6th, SM2 ended up in 11th

TDK finished in 2nd, DKR finished at 7th (major * there)

Avengers was 3rd, Ultron finished 9th

Was RO a sequel to TFA? (finished 7th)

Did I miss any?

Top Gun was in like 12th place back in its day, wasn't it?

12 hours ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

I'm not sure The Fabelmans reported numbers make any sense. It increased a normal/expected amount on Friday and Sunday, but somehow it not only didn't drop 25-30% on Saturday it went up 23%? 

Obama tweeted his list of fav 2022 films on the 23rd. He listed the fablemans, which I believe is the only one on his list still in theaters. With such a low gross, it would only take a couple thousand people to swing that number. So the question becomes, is a tweet from Obama enough to get a couple thousand people to hit theaters the next day? And will this translate to more over the next week?

12 hours ago, upriser7 said:

I wonder why they are projecting only 21% growth for A2 on Monday whereas Puss In Boots, BP2, Babylon etc are projected growth of 30-40% on Monday. Even Fabelmans is being projected to have almost 70% growth on Monday. Then you have Violent Night where they are actually projecting a decrease of 30% on Monday which I find bit surprising

Violent Night is available on demand now. My TV wants 25 Canadian loons to rent it, lol.

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

I haven't seen any ads for it. The beauty of ad blocker, as well as being completely blind to commercials when watching TV.

16 minutes ago, hw64 said:

The most covered song all over the world on singing talent shows and on YouTube in history.  Ironic. lol

Edited by wboxoffice

42 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

A blessed weekend brother Kayom. Love seeing some awesome news.

Heh. My 4 day may come true of 99-102.

Need a nice Monday hold or heck an increase over Sundays 30-32m  and hopefully 

IM feeling actuals for Sunday xmas day ends up with 33-35m😉🦝

I didn't expect this to make beyond 85 M 4-day because of the terrible weather, so anything with 9 in front of the weekend number is great.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Well it's either this, or trying to interpret Rth's comic book covers....

(which, in the end, is pretty much the same guessing game)

Imagine a 14.50 comic book cover stamping on a human face forever

• Like 1