Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

28 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I won't deny Whitney does it well, she's got an insane set of pipes, but it feels more emotional for me when Dolly does it. 

Agree it’s slightly the better version, but Whitney’s just screams Bodyguard and then I think of Run to You and I Have Nothing.  Phenomenal songs. 

The ultimate example of a soundtrack carrying a movie, as the film itself ain’t great at all - but I love the music. Plus Kevin at peak stardom 

Wait mojo has a smaller sunday. I guess they haven't updated it.

Imagine a 28-35+mil dollar monday..Avatar 2 looking to bring the originals run feeling of invinci with increases r and holds like Sunday and Monday for weeks to come( And additional 168mil OS😉) ..And keep this in mind all. These numbers are during-20 to-40 degree storms. Imagine what may happen now that the storms are dying down😉😄🦝

" Outcast that's  all they See!" 

" I see You!"

High Five Friends GIF by Avatar

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

39 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I won't deny Whitney does it well, she's got an insane set of pipes, but it feels more emotional for me when Dolly does it. 

Wow. Whitney's version to me is superior.  The only film song for me up there or rather surpassed  it is My Heart Will Go On!

Sinking Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CJohn said:

Top 10 is 84M, down massively from even 2021. The entire Hollywood system needs to get their heads out of the sand and realize the entire industry is absolutely fucked because people simply aren't going to the movies anymore.

To be fair, Avatar's underestimate alone brings the weekend up to 93m, still not great but not quite so dire?

Just now, kayumanggi said:

Streaming is the one killing the movies.

Then this is what we do, we make films that are amazing theatrical experiences and increase our cinema screen qualities. We increase the number of PLFs, and start phasing out old and shitty projects which give a worse image than a TV. Next we start giving people bigger and comfier seats, and removing the amount of seats in the cinema, no one wants to hear your ratty ass muching on popcorn,

And lastly, stop making films that would be just as good streamed

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Then this is what we do, we make films that are amazing theatrical experiences and increase our cinema screen qualities. We increase the number of PLFs, and start phasing out old and shitty projects which give a worse image than a TV. Next we start giving people bigger and comfier seats, and removing the amount of seats in the cinema, no one wants to hear your ratty ass muching on popcorn,

Forgive me, in the part of the world where I am, I haven't experienced shitty seats and projects. The biggest cinema chain here has transformed the moviegoing experience by making cinemas smaller, but with better screens, seats, and overall experience. We even have Director's Club Cinemas that only have 50 (reclining) seats with trays for food and butler services.

I wonder, how bad is bad there?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Forgive me, in the part of the world where I am, I haven't experienced shitty seats and projects. The biggest cinema chain here has transformed the moviegoing experience by making cinemas smaller, but with better screens, seats, and overall experience. We even have Director's Club Cinemas that only have 50 (reclining) seats with trays for food and butler services.

Yeah, this sort of service. Doesn't it exist in America? I never use it but these screens sell out way more often than the big 400+ seaters.

https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/experiences/GoldClass

My nearest cinema (which opened last year) has six screens, two big ones with 200 odd seats each and four small screens with 65 seats each. That's probably gonna be the future, smaller auditoriums fewer screens more premium options. Could just be copium on my part.

Edited by lab276
  • Like 1

Is anyone else getting some serious Shang-Chi flashbacks with these estimates, or is it just me? Jatinder's latest projections, if they come to pass, will be $8M higher than the 3-day estimate and a whopping $18M above the 4-day estimate. Disney also similarly lowballed Shang-Chi. What a bunch of weirdos. At least this time I can't blame them, what with the storm and all.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Or just work on reconditioning the audience to go back to the theater. Maybe replace seats in a lot of places (that's more important than the projection and sound to the GA), and stop premiering movies directly to streaming. 

Oh, and drop ticket prices and have the US introduce family tickets ffs

16 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

imagine having to share armrests with people, if you get there last and they're already using them, you're sat with your arms crossed while there are two different people with arms on your arm rest. It's truly an ARMREST nightmare out there my guy

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Or just work on reconditioning the audience to go back to the theater. Maybe replace seats in a lot of places (that's more important than the projection and sound to the GA), and stop premiering movies directly to streaming. 

Oh, and drop ticket prices and have the US introduce family tickets ffs

this is short term solution, agree about the seats massively. Reclining armchairs seems to be moving towards the norm

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Every movie is just as Good as streamed, the thing is the experience with PLF | IMAX is DIFFERENT, with the first Avatar i enjoyed it on IMAX and enjoyed it on the phone too. James Cameron movies, is good to watch them on theaters because he invest to take advantage of them, but they are good enough you can enjoy it even on the phone because of the good pacing and tight storytelling. 

Edited by StreamBO

I do agree a poor cinema experience can be a turn off. My first screening of Wakanda Forever I don't know if it was a projection or screen issue but it looked so dark. I could barely see anything during some evening scenes. 

Watching something in a bad cinema and then noticing that the image is clearer on a high end TV when they watch the movie again months later has discouraged some of my friends from returning to the cinema. 

On the flip side I watched Top Gun Maverick on a better cinema and had a wonderful experience and when I went out the main feeling was an intense desire to watch a movie in the cinema again to relive that experience. Give people a good experience and they will come back for more. 

• Like 1