charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

7 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Guys just going off topic a touch. Why did Fox drop the 'Fox' part?, i totaly was out of the loop when that happened.

Its like a bit of history being lost.

Disney bought the FOX assets and changed the studio name from 20th Century FOX to 20th Century Studios as a subsidiary of Disney. 

• Like 2

Question for you guys:

Which source do you trust more - or what's your go to - for overseas numbers specifically - BOM or The Numbers? I notice they often have different OS numbers, sometimes radically so, and their numbers are a smidge different for Avatar.

Numbers has an exact number of $711,356,946 for Avatar, while BOM has a round number of $712,700,000.

3 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Question for you guys:

Which source do you trust more - or what's your go to - for overseas numbers specifically - BOM or The Numbers? I notice they often have different OS numbers, sometimes radically so, and their numbers are a smidge different for Avatar.

Numbers has an exact number of $711,356,946 for Avatar, while BOM has a round number of $712,700,000.

Shrug...take the two of them together and split the difference. Let's call it $712M flat, haha

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Shrug...take the two of them together and split the difference. Let's call it $712M flat, haha

Fair enough, but I'm still curious about which source you guys consider more accurate in general, not just for Avatar.

Maybe I'm the only who cares. 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Question for you guys:

Neither are perfectly accurate but I think The-Numbers is a bit better. @charlie Jatinder what say you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Fair enough, but I'm still curious about which source you guys consider more accurate in general, not just for Avatar.

Maybe I'm the only who cares. 🤣

Yeah, I dunno. Box Office Mojo used to be the standard of the industry, but it is not run by the same people these days. So who knows how serious they are about the accuracy of their data compared to the old days. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Is it possible for Puss to have an increase this weekend over the last one?

I would say very possible if the latest dailies are an indication of WoM momentum, rather than isolated high performing days.

Another question for the sake of discussion (since Top Gun discussion is popping up):

Can Memorial Day weekend make a serious comeback? It's clear it has shed the "curse", but after Aladdin and Top Gun: Maverick maybe we can do one better and consider it the 2nd best spot on the calendar after pre Christmas weekend, which would definitely be a comeback for a weekend that used to be THE prime date for studios.

I wish Disney would move The Little Mermaid and put Indiana Jones on May 26. I know it'll do well regardless but it would be cool to see it sort of pick up where Top Gun left off. 

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Another question for the sake of discussion (since Top Gun discussion is popping up):

Can Memorial Day weekend make a serious comeback? It's clear it has shed the "curse", but after Aladdin and Top Gun: Maverick maybe we can do one better and consider it the 2nd best spot on the calendar after pre Christmas weekend, which would definitely be a comeback for a weekend that used to be THE prime date for studios.

I wish Disney would move The Little Mermaid and put Indiana Jones on May 26. I know it'll do well regardless but it would be cool to see it sort of pick up where Top Gun left off. 

I think it has always been the 2nd best WE on the calendar (and first before TFA) it just had a string of weak films on it for a while that didn’t live up to expectations. I think Disney put TLM there with the hope that it will pull an Aladdin.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yeah, I dunno. Box Office Mojo used to be the standard of the industry, but it is not run by the same people these days. So who knows how serious they are about the accuracy of their data compared to the old days. 

Agreed my brother.

• Sad 1