charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

24 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Gonna make a lot of profit. I tend to think Avatar 3 will make even stronger profit if China is able to return to full performance by 2024. 

If China goes from 200->600 that’s only a 90M rev or so.  Would be cancelled by mere 10% WW-C drop

Edited by Legion in Boots
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stripe said:

24M would be +1.5M from RO second Tuesday. Great!

Crossing fingers it is able to stay over 20M for the rest of the weekdays.

Idk about 20m on other 2 days left but regardless this is great performance.

It makes me hopeful that A2 will do around 600m at the end. I think 600m is a great outcome nonetheless. 

Part 2 was lackluster plot wise but James Cameron vision saves the day. Hopefully they saw the mistakes and making part 3 a bit better ( I know it's already shot)

7 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

If China goes from 200->600 that’s only a 90M rev or so.  Would be cancelled by mere 10% WW-C drop

What's interesting about A3 will be is how much closer to a regular sequel will it perform, with it being out of the spotlight for 13 years it's come in much closer to a regualar movie than a sequel.

• Like 1

Btw these movies would be doing even more if they had a lead actor that audience even cared a bit.

Sam Worthington is total flop in eyes of audience. He is the least interesting lead of Cameron and even with Part 2 he didn't do much.

Zoe Saldana character despite not as meaty actually leaves some mark on people. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Btw these movies would be doing even more if they had a lead actor that audience even cared a bit.

Sam Worthington is total flop in eyes of audience. He is the least interesting lead of Cameron and even with Part 2 he didn't do much.

Funny thing is they wanted Matt Damon originally. I thought Worthington was better in the sequel than the first movie. Just my two cents. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Jake Sully is a legend

• Like 3

Someone said in the weekend thread that A2's profit will be ~$500 million, but I don't think it will have that much profit.

The Dom theatrical rental will be 275M with 550 total.

Unless the movie gets a 1-2 month window for digital and physical media before D+ release, it won't do 250M in home entertainment. It can do max $150M.

Participations will be min 100M & interest will be 70M+ with 450M budget. So minus min 200M from profit. Total profit won't be more than 300M if it does $1900M

Edited by Factcheck

8 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Someone said in the weekend thread that A2's profit will be ~$500 million, but I don't think it will have that much profit.

The Dom theatrical rental will be 275M with 550 total.

Unless the movie gets a 1-2 month window for digital and physical media before D+ release, it won't do 250M in home entertainment. It can do max $150M.

Participations will be min 100M & interest will be 70M+ with 450M budget. So minus min 200M from profit. Total profit won't be more than 300M if it does $1900M

Disney is probably demanding 60-70% of the domestic revenue, based on their track record with big sequels in the past. $580M x 65% delivers a domestic net revenue of $377M for Disney. 

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

6.75M

hmm. this seems bit excessive. wonder if some error in system. let's see if it changes.

That would be insane if true and would make $150m an outside possiblity. Probably an error like you suspect, flat from boxing day would be unprecedented.

Edit: So Alvin and the Chipmunks (2011) only dropped 2% on the 27th so it's not without precedent, especially for family movies like PiB.

Edited by Agafin
  • Like 1