charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

23 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Everyone needs to see Puss in Boots 2. Like right now.

That movie was so fucking good :ohmygod: like, its the best animated movie from Hollywood ive seen since ... Spider-Verse? Yeah that sounds right.

Brainbug you absolute G. 

I wanna kiss you on the mouth my friend

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

There was nothing really impressive about NWH holds through the holidays either but it still legged $183M after they ended based mainly on a weak calendar (which A2 will also have). A2 3rd WE (Fri-Mon) will be about 5-10% higher than NWH same time last year. I know one includes a mostly holiday Monday and the other doesn’t but still. Let’s see what that week holds before penciling in $120M post holidays 😊

Sony vs Disney contract for theaters - aka, we don't know what incentives theaters will have to drop A2 later in its run for something we think might underperform, but which may bring theaters more money.

As an example, Megan or even now Plane (with the $5 TMobile tickets), could both pull some non-Imax PLF if theaters think they'll be paid off...especially Plane b/c I'd pay $5 to see it in Dolby (but maybe not otherwise)...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Noctis said:

To literally nobody. Poor Jake always gets so outshined by Neytiri. 

Could make an argument that Jake Sully is one of, if not, the blandest lead character in any blockbuster I've ever seen. Hopefully Cameron eventually brooms him in the one of the upcoming Avatar sequels.

• Like 3

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Could make an argument that Jake Sully is one of, if not, the blandest lead character in any blockbuster I've ever seen. Hopefully Cameron eventually brooms him in the one of the upcoming Avatar sequels.

the perfect father is bland? how far our society has fallen

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

There was nothing really impressive about NWH holds through the holidays either but it still legged $183M after they ended based mainly on a weak calendar (which A2 will also have). A2 3rd WE (Fri-Mon) will be about 5-10% higher than NWH same time last year. I know one includes a mostly holiday Monday and the other doesn’t but still. Let’s see what that week holds before penciling in $120M post holidays 😊

I think with benefit of hindsight, it’s becoming more clear to me that last year’s holiday/early January period was depressed, presumably due to Omicron. We’re seeing a much more robust first few days here, relative to pre-holiday, even with Avatar. NWH’s January run may have been more delayed demand than result of weak slate (also NWH probably much higher on rewatchability than Avatwo)

If you think Avatwo’s Jan/Feb is going to mirror TGMs Aug/Sept … I have my doubts

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

He's a perfect father? Not sure I'd agree with that. 

What more do you want... he's a role model, always does the right thing, protects and provides for his family and risks his life in doing so. Listens to his kids and spents time with them. All his interactions with the kids in the movie are as a strong father should be. Jake is pretty righteous man, he's one of the few men that would resist being enforced to do evil.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

I think with benefit of hindsight, it’s becoming more clear to me that last year’s holiday/early January period was depressed, presumably due to Omicron. We’re seeing a much more robust first few days here, relative to pre-holiday, even with Avatar. NWH’s January run may have been more delayed demand than result of weak slate (also NWH probably much higher on rewatchability than Avatwo)

If you think Avatwo’s Jan/Feb is going to mirror TGMs Aug/Sept … I have my doubts

Curious have you seen the first Avatar or the second one?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HangSolo said:

I mean it’s a Cameron film. It’s pretty common the female character outshines the male.film scifi GIF

This isn't the case in A2 at all, neytiri fans were upset she was put in the backseat for this one

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What more do you want... he's a role model, always does the right thing, protects and provides for his family and risks his life in doing so. Listens to his kids and spents time with them. All his interactions with the kids in the movie are as a strong father should be. Jake is pretty righteous man, he's one of the few men that would resist being enforced to do evil.

Definitely doesn't always do the right thing, not a lot of evidence of him listening to his kids rather dictating to them. There's interactions he has with Lo'ak that reminded me of the relationship I have with my dad, and I hated him at that age. 

Is he good? Sure. Perfect? Fuck no. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Everyone needs to see Puss in Boots 2. Like right now.

That movie was so fucking good :ohmygod: like, its the best animated movie from Hollywood ive seen since ... Spider-Verse? Yeah that sounds right.

Hmmmmmmmmm…. 🤔  

Spoiler

Sounds about right, I guess, off the top of my head. 

Spoiler

I think soul maybe has a better message than both those movies but it’s not as enjoyable as a movie per se

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Definitely doesn't always do the right thing, not a lot of evidence of him listening to his kids rather dictating to them. There's interactions he has with Lo'ak that reminded me of the relationship I have with my dad, and I hated him at that age. 

Is he good? Sure. Perfect? Fuck no. 

Unfortunately the way JC depicts father-children relationship is probably closer-to-reality than most of the father-children relationship elsewhere, especially for Asian kids like me.