charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

BBC news on television just now said Avatar had broken one billion dollars. Then said Cameron had said it needed to get to two billion to break even.  Lmao. 

So that narrative is out there in mainstream now. 

Yep, its pretty cringy really and shows the level of actual journalism, even from something as 'respected' as the BBC.

Even though Cameron never actually said the 2bil thing, he needs to be less nieve in interviews. There are a LOT of people against him and AVATAR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I just realized A2 could pass Wakanda Forever by the end of the New Years 4 day weekend.

I wonder how many people would of predicted that a week ago.

This is awesome. Jan holds will tell us if we can go after the winged wonder. I haven't adjourned yet on believing

we can challenge his so called invincibility on the domestic side.

I feel those pandorians Stuart..

We are coming and the wingman better watch his backm🏋‍♀️🦝

....Meanwhile flying in the domestic sky's somewhere..

Oh Yeah What GIF by Regal

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

BBC seem to push the review narrative that it's poorly reviewed though, as if the Telegraph and Guardian are all that matters... Oh wait, its the BBC, of course they are. 

yeah I know. 
This was on the lunchtime news though, and a positive piece about its success in the past two weeks. Then they threw that false caveat at the end. 
like others said, it all stems back to that garbage Variety article that came to its own conclusions. 

You’d think Disney would say something at some point. 

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Yep, its pretty cringy really and shows the level of actual journalism, even from something as 'respected' as the BBC.

Even though Cameron never actually said the 2bil thing, he needs to be less nieve in interviews. There are a LOT of people against him and AVATAR.

Honestly, I don’t think he cares. He’s probably done with his promotion of A2 and locked in his studio working on A3 with Disney giving him updates on BoxOffice. 

Just now, wildphantom said:

yeah I know. 
This was on the lunchtime news though, and a positive piece about its success in the past two weeks. Then they threw that false caveat at the end. 
like others said, it all stems back to that garbage Variety article that came to its own conclusions. 

You’d think Disney would say something at some point. 

I don't think Disney overly care about it tbh, they're making cash hand over fist right now

5 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Can we expect a significant boost domestically if TWOW is gonna land a Best Pic nomination January 24?

Not really. Oscars boost has diminished to the point of it being non-existent for films like Avatar. This year biggest boost should be for Fabelmans, Women Talking and Babylon.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

So isn't A3 almost done?

Doesn't that mean the budget for A2 and A3 should be the reported budget for A2?

No, but the reports online are putting A3's production budget (for now) at $250M, so A2 may have been the frontloaded budget...or it may be that the number has always been a placeholder for each Avatar sequel til the real budget is released (ala original $1B approved budget divided by 4 movies)...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stripe said:

Not really. Oscars boost has diminished to the point of it being non-existent for films like Avatar. This year biggest boost should be for Fabelmans, Women Talking and Babylon.

Those movies won't get a boost theatrically, their runs will pretty much be done. They might get re-expanded in to the barren landscape, but the audience that cares will just stream them at that point. 

20 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Dark Alfred is the biggest baitier on here, dont fall for his nonsense.

He said 'the largest 2nd Monday of all time' was a 'solid day', and the 3rd biggest 2nd Tuesday ever was 'average'.

He was also the one that started the trolling of the last 4 or 5 pages.

You are good Sir, just incorrect. Some people may call you out on dirty lies, please be aware. What I'm posting here are actual facts. The numbers don't lie. I just compare them to RO, I don't bend them.

I never called 2nd Tuersday average, that's a lie.

I also never trolled, that's a lie. Are we not allowed to mention industry experts view-point? That's not trolling.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

2 billion is the new billion.

Remember when crossing a billion was a big deal?

I honestly remember way back in the pre Titanic days when people would specualte when we will get a 1bil film, and how at that time it seemed something near impossible.

Come forward to 2022 and we now have 52 BIL+ movies!

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

You are good Sir, just incorrect. Some people may call you a dirty liar. What I'm posting here are actual facts. The numbers don't lie. I just compare them to RO, I don't bend them.

I never called 2nd Tuersday average, that's a lie.

I also never trolled, that's a lie. Are we not allowed to mention industry experts view-point? That's not trolling.

Dude just stop alright, stop.

List of movies considered "Biggest box office disappointments" (Source: Wikipedia)

01. Avatar 2 - 2,1B WW gross - Considered a "flop" because 4 Billion was the target for 1 or 2 users of a certain internet forum and James Cameron said something silly in an interview. Made tons of money anyway.

02. Age of Ultron - 1,4B WW - Considered a "huge disappointment" because it grossed less than the first Avengers, grossed less than Jurassic World in the summer of 2015 and had a weak sauce villain. Made tons of money anyway.

03. Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Considered a "disappointment" because it grossed 700M less than TFA and fell of a cliff after the Christmas Holidays. For more reasoning see the other Wikipedia article "List of reasons named by the internet why the Last Jedi is the worst/is the best Star Wars movie). Made a ton of money anyway.

04. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Frontloading: Made under a billion after opening with nearly 500M WW. Still an impressive feat. Made not that much money.

05. Justice League - Made less than 700M WW, despite beeing a "My Man!"-movie. Despite having a battle for supremecy going along in the background of production (see the other Wikipedia article "Zack Snyder vs Joss Whedon: Dawn of the Cut"), this movie failed to reach any of its targets.

06. Godzilla: King of the

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well a few, but I think the majority want  to see the dude keep pushing the envelope and wowing audiences worldwide.

Definitely couldn't hurt him brother stewart to hav an advisor or for him to seriously filter his ego at times lol. I mean anti-woke fans tried to turn his silly statement about fighting violence by removing 10 mins of gunplay out of A2. I mean I couldn't believe James said something so dumb

I mean Stuart the dude built  his career with guns and crazy Violent action in his  movies before Titan and Avatar.

And last I checked  his 10mins of gun action removal doest even represent a percent of slowdown on the gun and killings in A2. 😂 

Cameron likely needs someone to give him clip notes it seems when he unfortunately goes into his that no thinking before he talks mindset...Yikes 🦝😱

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

2 billion is the new billion.

Remember when crossing a billion was a big deal?

Nope as you can see still hard as heck to hit 2billion Grey . Only 5-6 films have done it out of thouands of films..

No film is coming near 2billion anytime soon besides A3 😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post