charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

29 minutes ago, M37 said:

We're in a FAR different market than when either of those films had their runs, as there is much more content available and people's attention spans have gotten shorter. And I also included PLF pricing as another limiting factor. To repeat

Believe what you want, but I'm not pulling these thoughts of out "nothing but air". How much a film makes is not a reflection of its quality, nor should dampen your or anyone else's enjoyment of them. But if we're discussing the financial prospects of a particular entry in the current market, then running time, pricing, and "fun" are limiting factors, particularly with rewatches

Did I ever say that or imply that? That's true the amount of money a movie makes isn't proof of its quality, in fact nothing is because the quality of a movie is always subjective. But that doesn't mean the quality of a movie doesn't play into its success, those are 2 different things. 

Was Avatar successful because it is actually a good movie or because of other factors? That's something that can be debated

The point is there are so many factors that play into what makes a movie rewatchable or successful. Obviously you have no interest in James Cameron's work, so have you no clue what makes his movies rewatchable. So your analysis is very narrow on rewatchability, limited to only a few things like running time and pricing

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

Titanic was over 3 hours long and it's certainly one of the most rewatched movie in a theater. Same as the first Avatar with little less than 3 hours. Length is only one of many factors that would influence on the decision to rewatch a movie.

Your assertion that Avatar 2 would be less rewatchable than NWH or TGM is based on nothing but air

TGM and NWH have A+ Cinemascores.

Edited by Reed121

5 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

And no wonder movie isn't getting the same kind of hype. Focusing on Jake Sully is waste of time.

Yes. Neytiri is far more interesting and Saldana is far more watchable in her performance too. Oh, well. I'm sure they'll give her center stage in one of the remaining 12+ hours of Avatar movies that have yet to come. 

And, no, I don't think Sully is bad father at all. He's decent one. Just that his character and whatever Worthington is doing with it is bland as fuck. I'm actively taken out of the movie when he's on screen a lot... Always looking forward to the next scene and hoping he's not featured much or at all in that next scene.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Btw these movies would be doing even more if they had a lead actor that audience even cared a bit.

Sam Worthington is total flop in eyes of audience. He is the least interesting lead of Cameron and even with Part 2 he didn't do much.

Zoe Saldana character despite not as meaty actually leaves some mark on people. 

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

To literally nobody. Poor Jake always gets so outshined by Neytiri. 

Oh contraire...

Since yesterday, I have fallen down a rabbit hole on both Twitter and TikTok of people thirsting over Jake Sully, which is both scary and incredible and I love every second of it. And I think they have made my brain realize he really is hot actually?????????

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Man Cat was a monarchist, terrible person animal.

Hide contents

I totally agree. Mufasa also has the saddest dad death scene in fiction for me.

You sure?
tumblr_mb5jbn3vdy1rwle74o1_500.gif

Let me doubt it
top-365-films-in-the-name-of-the-father.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

So did Till and The Woman King

Completely different.  Those are much smaller movies targeting black audiences.

Avatar, NWH and TGM are big event movies where A+ Cinemascores are harder to pull off.

The Audience scores clearly indicate Avatar won’t have the legs of TGM or NWH.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Reed121 said:

TGM and NWH have A+ Cinemascores.

Avatar 2 has more film rewards incoming and better Audience scores. And clearly by the support. 

Audiences around the world love the Sully Family More.. Reed 

lol. 2.5-2.7B WW worth of love and 700-800+ DOmestic  in fact.