XXR vs XXR

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

27 minutes ago, jedijake said:

That's actually VERY true! That, and the fact that as of right now, Avatar has pretty much a 100% monopoly on the technology/visuals it uses. If other studios understood this and put forth what is needed to give movie goers experiences worth paying for which is what movie theaters desperately need. If TGM and Ava2 showed us anything, it shows or at least hints at what future movies need to be successful.

Abso-freaking-lutely!

Marvel needs to take notes. Any studio, really.

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

A2 will be around $45m ahead of TGM by the end of this monday.

A2 dailies will be ahead of TGM every single day for the rest of their runs, except 4th Sunday and 4th Monday.

A2 will have a more lucrative couple first weeks due to when it was released but it will not have the summer weekdays that Top Gun was able to feast on throughout its run.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I can't believe the movie did rebound from the pessimistic projections and it's likely to gross 600M (hell even maybe 650M) and once again people will have arguments to diminish the results if they want because of consistent overpredictions.

Of course having a prediction itself is amazing, but the constant arguing about it is really not a good look when it sounds arrogant.

Damn i just wanted to be real happy with the results but maybe @Porthosis right and no matter what the total will be, nobody will be satisfied 

Harcore fans, more often than not, are going to overpredict their film, and none fans are going to underpredict it.

Its like that with any big film really.

I mean i wasnt around when Endgame was doing its run but i'll bet anything that there were some poeple predicting over 3bil on here.

And to be honest, hardcore fanboys over prdicitng are easier to take than haters doing ridiculous 700-800mil WW predicitions for A2, then doing constant clickbait Youtube vids crying about how they were wrong and the masses are idiots.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, YM! said:

There’s a lot of potential hits. Aquaman will likely be the big fish. Wonka and Migration seem likely candidates for 150m-200m+, and Ghostbusters will do around Bumblebee numbers. I think we’ll get a repeat of 2018 again:

Aquaman 2: 365m

Wonka: 200m

Migration: 165m

Ghostbusters: 120m

Depending on the quality of the bottom 3, I might reverse all of their order, but I can see the numbers probably holding across (although Aquaman might be higher or lower, again based on quality)...

8 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Harcore fans, more often than not, are going to overpredict their film, and none fans are going to underpredict it.

Its like that with any big film really.

I mean i wasnt around when Endgame was doing its run but i'll bet anything that there were some poeple predicting over 3bil on here.

And to be honest, hardcore fanboys over prdicitng are easier to take than haters doing ridiculous 700-800mil WW predicitions for A2, then doing constant clickbait Youtube vids crying about how they were wrong and the masses are idiots.

I certainly agreed. 

In fact i did a similar complain on the weekday thread because of some posts that keeps diminishing the numbers and mocking our joy discussing them. 

But like you said it comes from both ways, and it's really not cool to read when the tone starts to be arrogant and sound less like a prediction and more like a ego threat. 

I'm on the team that personal feelings aside about the movie and it's performance, we should all try to be more reasonable so the relationships on the forums is a good experience to discuss and to read.

• Like 1

As far as what I see it has about high teens % fewer shows than yesterday. There wont be late evening BO. But morning shows are strong and I expect walkups to be great as well. Tomorrow the showcount will be slightly better than yesterday with whole day BO being super strong. I am hopeful that 70m+ weekend is in play. 

Great thing for this movie is runway is clear until Ant-Man in Feb. That is a long runway for sure. Let us see how things go. Next weekend we can project better after seeing its post holidays hold. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Abso-freaking-lutely!

Marvel needs to take notes. Any studio, really.

Marvel needs to stop and pause.

Too much content, too fast, not only it is affecting how the movie are looking, it is now affecting how the movies are shaping up to be content wise.

Basically they need to release movies and series in breakneck pace and they don't have much time to rethink if something is going wrong.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

As far as what I see it has about high teens % fewer shows than yesterday. There wont be late evening BO. But morning shows are strong and I expect walkups to be great as well. Tomorrow the showcount will be slightly better than yesterday with whole day BO being super strong. I am hopeful that 70m+ weekend is in play. 

Great thing for this movie is runway is clear until Ant-Man in Feb. That is a long runway for sure. Let us see how things go. Next weekend we can project better after seeing its post holidays hold. 

My hope is -17% today and +17% tomorrow. Puts it over A1 3rd weekend. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Since i wont be online before 2023, i wish everyone here a happy New Year!

Blessings from the most high Yah in Jesus name to you too and all your loved ones Brother brainbug 

🦝🙏

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

it was useful because of the calender configuration, but now the holidays are over it will no longer be useful.

The bucks stop here and we leave RO far behind

And go after everyone's favorite wingman and take the domestic crown.

Meantime..... 

wiki navigation GIF