XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

$67.4m in actual! Although it was just a 600k difference but it make whole situation more upbeating! My initial hope for 70m isn't that crazy after all.

Clearly the WOM isn't toxic or divisive like some people make it up to be. I would say this could be among the hot topic to talk about once people are back to work and school. The headline passing TGM worldwide tomorrow could encourage more potential audience to see the movie themselves.   

2 hours ago, shruth said:

if that happens then ill give 700m a 20% chance. But no shot it's hitting 12, look for 9 thats a great number in itself. 

Rogue One 6.3m post holiday tuesday. Avatar had 7.3m. So 12m would be absolutely insane, if it does 12m then 700m is locked and you could potentially be looking at above 800m

Anything above 8m would be really good. 9 would be fantastic. 10 would be bonkers.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragoncaine said:

Okay but joking aside, $7m would be pretty brutal

it'd be brutal if you are expecting it to cross TGM domestically...if you are expecting it to make $650M, then it would still have chances....NWH did $5.9M last year on 3rd Tuesday and it still went on to do another $180M after that.

13 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

how regional-specific is your data?

someone mentioned that some regions were dealing with lots of snow today

10 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Not that number

10 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

try again

5 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Okay but joking aside, $7m would be pretty brutal. I think we could've all seen a low end of $8m coming but :gold:

3 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

it'd be brutal if you are expecting it to cross TGM domestically...if you are expecting it to make $650M, then it would still have chances....NWH did $5.9M last year on 3rd Tuesday and it still went on to do another $180M after that.

Lol ok yea that was just me being a bit of a stinker. Taking a real look at the numbers it seems like total sales for the comp will be about 41-43% of yesterday, but you have to keep in mind that there's a slight expectation of over-indexing in Canada. The only problem is we don't know how much. So with all of that in mind, let's go with a low end of $9.3M and a high end of maybe $11.2M? 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Finals:

FRI - $24,836,835
SAT - $18,053,159
SUN - $24,519,161
3-DAY - $67,409,155

MON - $21,411,622
4-DAY - $88,820,777

CUME - $446,938,691 in 18 days

That's crazy. It increased again. 😅 It's so close to AVATAR's third weekend of $68.5 M.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Lol ok yea that was just me being a bit of a stinker. Taking a real look at the numbers it seems like total sales for the comp will be about 41-43% of yesterday, but you have to keep in mind that there's a slight expectation of over-indexing in Canada. The only problem is we don't know how much. So with all of that in mind, let's go with a low end of $9.3M and a high end of maybe $11.2M? 

Good.

17 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

edit: unfunny joke alert

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Knock It Off 2

11 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

May be 21.4-9.3/11.3 = 12.1/10.1 TUE