XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Wait so is the Cap reaction the new Will Smith? What does the heart replace?

Sorry I was deep in Photoshop and didn't see this - We're currently working on the reactions and it's A LOT of trail and error cause the images are so small. So you're going to be seeing things periodically change over the evening, as we upload it, realize it's not working, and then adjust.  But the goal is basically:

Heart: Love This/Aww/Just a Generic "Good Vibes" Emoji.  It's new.  Not replacing anything.

Pissed Steve: People thought Cap In The Chair didn't read quite right, so we switched it out to "Cap's Gonna Murder Tony".  This is the Knock It Off/No Really, Admin Cap is Gonna Be So Maaaaad/Not Cool.

Pointing Will Smith: We're still working on this one, but the idea is Cap taketh the Will Smith Not Cool, and Cap giveth the "THIS" Will Smith.  It's for like YES/THIS/GOOD POINT!  Think of it as a Suped Up Like.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

9 hours ago, M37 said:

How am I suddenly the the optimist who thinks double digits is happening today? 

In 2016/17, the films to drop >50% from Mon 1/2 to Tue 1/3 had the smaller declines from Sun to Mon, and a whole lot were under 50%. 

Expecting $10-$11 for Tuesday

I really don’t know why double digits would be seen as big number, it’s pretty much expected given trajectory the last few days 

33 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Looks like 10-11 compared with Tuesday Dec 20, though with this being the first normal Tuesday of the run, the margin of error will be higher today.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

I really don’t know why double digits would be seen as big number, it’s pretty much expected given trajectory the last few days 

no matter the context, all time biggest 3rd tuesday will always have a nice ring to it 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

naa, actually around spain and italy but comscore would have you at over mexico.

I thought you were coming around to the comScore madness :Gaga:   

Even with Canada overperformance it’s not cracking 10%?

TFA post New years Tuesday (day 19) = 7.967m (-73% previous week)

NWH post new years tuesday (day 19) = 5.9m  (-72.3% previous week)

Rogue One with exact same calendar configuration = 6.27m (-72.2% from previous week

why wouldn't 10-11 be considered a really good number?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Cap said:

Sorry I was deep in Photoshop and didn't see this - We're currently working on the reactions and it's A LOT of trail and error cause the images are so small. So you're going to be seeing things periodically change over the evening, as we upload it, realize it's not working, and then adjust.  But the goal is basically:

Heart: Love This/Aww/Just a Generic "Good Vibes" Emoji.  It's new.  Not replacing anything.

Pissed Steve: People thought Cap In The Chair didn't read quite right, so we switched it out to "Cap's Gonna Murder Tony".  This is the Knock It Off/No Really, Admin Cap is Gonna Be So Maaaaad/Not Cool.

Pointing Will Smith: We're still working on this one, but the idea is Cap taketh the Will Smith Not Cool, and Cap giveth the "THIS" Will Smith.  It's for like YES/THIS/GOOD POINT!  Think of it as a Suped Up Like.  

so reaction to your every post be pissed steve from now on?

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

TFA post New years Tuesday (day 19) = 7.967m (-73% previous week)

NWH post new years tuesday (day 19) = 5.9m  (-72.3% previous week)

Rogue One with exact same calendar configuration = 6.27m (-72.2% from previous week

why wouldn't 10-11 be considered a really good number?

to add onto your point, Avatar1 had a drop of 60% on it's 3rd Tuesday (18.3 -> 7.3) which must be one of the lowest 3rd Tuesday drop for big movies that released in the week before Christmas. Even a $10M number for Avatar2 today would be just a 59% drop, which would be a lesser drop than Avatar1.

29 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

I thought you were coming around to the comScore madness :Gaga:   

Even with Canada overperformance it’s not cracking 10%?

dailies would be closer to 20 now but it probably was around 8 ish during XMAS weekend. 

Still these are just estimates, need to get actuals. On high end my be C$50m.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

Looks like 10-11 compared with Tuesday Dec 20, though with this being the first normal Tuesday of the run, the margin of error will be higher today.

FYI - Cinemark chain reinstituted cheap Tuesday today and did not have it for Dec 20.  No idea if that improves or worsens the outlook, b/c I don't know what numbers you're using:)...

• Like 2