XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

10 minutes ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

I’m off to bed. Before I go I’ll leave you all with a final estimate….

New Year Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

now for charlie to add a million to it and for actuals to get it over 20

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

now for charlie to add a million to it and for actuals to get it over 20

This being the first proper New Year's Day since 2020 and therefore most people partying their hearts out instead of seeing movies might prevent it from going that high. Still, the final number will probably be around $19.5M or something around those lines.

17 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Agreed, what worries me is the mid budget movies still struggling 

In long term, relying solely on IP's and sequels is trouble. 

Really hoping next year have more love for original movies.

I agree. We know the big ones will do big. It's actually the small - mid budget movies exploding or at least doing relatively well that makes box office very exciting.

1 hour ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

I’m off to bed. Before I go I’ll leave you all with a final estimate….

New Year Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

A blessed night to Yah brother xx4..and an awesome 2023 man!😎👍😄. Hopefully when we all wake Avatar 2 clears  18-21m for Sat

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I agree. We know the big ones will do big. It's actually the small - mid budget movies exploding or at least doing relatively well that makes box office very exciting.

Good evening brother kayom!!. Hope we get a 20mil Sat for A2. Puss is hanging in there lol

-meow!

Puss In Boots Puppy Dog Eyes GIF

14 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Marvel needs to stop and pause.

Too much content, too fast, not only it is affecting how the movie are looking, it is now affecting how the movies are shaping up to be content wise.

Basically they need to release movies and series in breakneck pace and they don't have much time to rethink if something is going wrong.

🎯🎯🎯

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Larger drop than Christmas Eve must be that snowstorm effect.

Again, this is/was the first New Year's Eve without any restrictions in quite some time. Vaccination wasn't widespread in 2020, and 2021 concluded with the Omicron meltdown. Naturally people would rather go out and party rather than go see movies, which will hit exhibition hard. I just hope the Jimbros don't melt down when the actuals come in at around $60M-$61M for the 3-day instead of Deadline's $67M projection. The rare Deadline highballing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Again, this is/was the first New Year's Eve without any restrictions in quite some time. Vaccination wasn't widespread in 2020, and 2021 concluded with the Omicron meltdown. Naturally people would rather go out and party rather than go see movies, which will hit exhibition hard. I just hope the Jimbros don't melt down when the actuals come in at around $60M-$61M for the 3-day instead of Deadline's $67M projection. The rare Deadline highballing.

I know all that, there's always something.