XXRDJisDoctorDoom

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

7 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Yeah but if Christmas Eve and New year Eve fall on a weekday, the weekends will still be huge.

yeah but you're not maximizing potential that way. There's a reason both RO and A2 made ridiculous figures on Monday despite it not being a weekend. Having Boxing Day on a Saturday is the best way of maximizing box office potential. There's a reason why both blockbusters released on that configuration ended up taking the all time record (Titanic and all previous record holders did so due to legs, so not having the window didn't really matter)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Thinking

1.4 billion overseas and 600 domestic look certain

Yes, thanks to China.

8 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Thinking

1.4 billion overseas and 600 domestic look certain

Still not 100% sold on this one, gonna wait for the next weekend.

Only 600M? I think it has a chance to reach 700M. Its holds are much stronger than Rogue One and it already passed RO. No competition in january....and sky's the limit

January 3rd will tell the story. How much are we predicting for that date? 10M?

Edited by Maggie

11 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Yes, thanks to China.

Still not 100% sold on this one, gonna wait for the next weekend.

I think you mean 'regardless' of China right?. If China wasnt covid ravaged we would be looking at 1.8-1.9bil International take.

As for domestic, A2 will be around the 500mil range off a 30-40mil 4th weekend. The legs would have to be awful to miss 600mil.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

What a disaster.

I saw an article pointing out that Babylon will soon pass Nightmare Alley's box office. One of the most bungled releases in recent memory. Gotta find wins where you can, I guess...

11 minutes ago, Maggie said:

brad.gif

After all that trailer action, this scene plays out differently in the movie itself, lol.

• Haha 1

Well with an 18m Saturday, that’s the first day since Xmas Eve that is more down to earth. 
Can’t be too surprised it’s daily performance got muted by the holiday. Big question is how much it will rebound today and tomorrow. Won’t be surprised if actuals beat the estimates. 600m+ is a foregone conclusion IMO. I’d say 650-700 looks definitely feasible. The hold next weekend will be critical for its long term outlook.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It seems you really want to downplay the results for some reason.

Yep. There’s a bunch of people inhere that desperately wants to go back to 10 days ago when ~$1.7B seemed the final number. The reason? Unknown.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Should have matched 68M of Aatar. Unhappy.

Overseas number is good. 

Was hoping 1.5B WW by Monday, but now have to wait 2 more days. 

Oh well. 

It should have been a 100m third weekend, and an 200m opening weekend.

I guess we have to wait for A3 for the first 4 billie film

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

keep in mind the probability distribution here is skewed right

This is true but above 650M is literally ... a wall. Avatar 2 cant prossibly exceed that number, its mathematically not possible.