charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

4 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

it's also +75% vs NWH's 3rd Tuesday which would mean $320M+ for rest of the run and will end up at $770M

NWH had gigantic late legs partially boosted by Canada reopening. It held on strong through Feb and March. Avatwo's legs after it loses PLFs and 3D remains to be seen (Keep in mind that even the original Avatar had unremarkable holds after it lost 3D to Alice in Wonderland). Using a single data point to compare it to NWH is faulty. Let the post holiday legs brew and manifest before drawing any meaningful assumptions imo.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

So final numbers will be close to the cinelytic prediction of $650M; it also predicted 423M for WF.

https://variety.com/vip/2022s-last-hopes-box-office-projections-for-avatar-2-black-adam-black-panther-2-1235388447/

We’ll see. Cinelytic also predicted $328M DOM for Black Adam lol 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

My expectation for the 4th weekend is 6.25-6.75x this Thursday. 

In 2017, only Sing was over a 6x Thursday for that weekend. Rest of slate was 4.8x-5.67x (with RO actually being the highest). Could certainly see Avatwo shallow the Tu/W/Th level (especially with run time factor), before kicking back up on the weekend, but not sure I’d set the expectations bar quite that high 

This weekend should really be first tell on whether this past week+ has been more legs/WOM effect vs holiday boon (and right now you could convince me of either scenario)