keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

5 minutes ago, Etsch said:

You guys are so reactionary to daily numbers. Remember when last Thursday came in lower than XXR expected and all of a sudden a $40M 3-day weekend was no longer assured?

when editing a post no need to give a reason, keep em guessing. I agree with your post btw

I think we’ll have a much better idea where Avatar 2 will end up relative to TGM after the next (6th) weekend. At that point we’ll be at the 4th of July boost that Mav had, and we’d also have a non-holiday weekend and another set of weekdays from Avatar to go off of…

it already ended up way about Top Gun 2 WW.  "DOM" cross is only 30(?) % of the whole thing.

The ups and downs are fun to watch, but I have a 2010 feeling about this. There is no lock or limit for this movie.

8 minutes ago, mike&night said:

I love the meltdowns as if the movie isn't about to surpass $2B. 

That would be under the originals gross.

I mean this movie seems to have no chance at outgrossing the first movie! Bad. Mediocre!

I expected more from Cameron!

Spoiler

Yes, this is sarcasm but i fear some might misunderstand me so i made this to be sure

Spoiler

Anyway, Avatar 2 under 4 Billies, disappointment!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

That would be under the originals gross.

I mean this movie seems to have no chance at outgrossing the first movie! Bad. Mediocre!

I expected more from Cameron!

Hide contents

Yes, this is sarcasm but i fear some might misunderstand me so i made this to be sure

Reveal hidden contents

You need to look at China’s situation

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

You need to look at China’s situation

I know 😄 maybe i should make less irony posts.

My honest opinion is that Avatar 2 is a total juggernaut that deserves all the respect for its perfomance so far. Any movie grossing 2B+ WW nowadays (meaning post-Covid situation, changed market and consumer habits etc.) is nothing short of an amazing phenomenon.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I know 😄 maybe i should make less irony posts.

My honest opinion is that Avatar 2 is a total juggernaut that deserves all the respect for its perfomance so far. Any movie grossing 2B+ WW nowadays (meaning post-Covid situation, changed market and consumer habits etc.) is nothing short of an amazing phenomenon.

China’s situation is the black swan thing

Just like,If Aliens attack Earth after 1 days of Avatar 3 rlease,then Avatar 3 probably only got less than 300m box office WW,but…this kind of thing is unpredictable,we just need to accept the fact

Edited by Bruce

Where does Friday need to be to secure $30m 3-day weekend? $7.5m? Assuming a lower Saturday bump with playoff games and Sunday off. Idk. Maybe looking at a bigger drop this weekend compared to last weekend.

The goal for PiB today is $825K (-45%). Anything below is considered disappointing.

If it's below $750K (-50%), it's doomsday.

If it's between $825K & $900K (-45% & -40%), it's expected.

If it's between $900K & $975K (-40% & -35%) it's above expectations.

If it's above $975K it's really good. And if it's above $1M it's great.

Terrific Tuesday bump for A2, took a significant chunk off the deficit. It does need holds like this going forward as the current model projects it to fall short of TLJ. This should swing into water's favour if it keeps it up over the weekend. TDJ only grossed 11.8m.

JEDIWATER SHOWDOWN  - AVATAR 2 VS SW: TLJ (EP VIII)

DAY 25: (TUESDAY) AVATAR 4.58m

DAY 25: (TUESDAY) ROGUE ONE 2.37m

WATER TEMP: HOT (+2.21m)

CUME: AVATAR 525.65m  VS ROGUE ONE 576.85m

SEA LEVEL: MINUS 51.2m

WATER FLOW: 618m

48 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Where does Friday need to be to secure $30m 3-day weekend? $7.5m? Assuming a lower Saturday bump with playoff games and Sunday off. Idk. Maybe looking at a bigger drop this weekend compared to last weekend.

This would really surprise me. In 2017 pretty much all movies dropped better, much better in some cases, during MLK weekend compared to the weekend before, except maybe movies that lost a lot of showtimes. And it makes sense, since you go from a normal weekend to a holiday weekend, whereas the weekend before is the other way round. I'm expecting big bumps on FRI and SAT.

• Like 1

from deadline

Last weekend’s saw 65% of its $45.8M take coming from premium formats.

avatar might not survive antman, really hope they find a way to share premium screens with it (or atleast get most of them back after a week), theres still a month between antman and the next premium format release

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1