BadOlCatSylvester

Weekdays Thread (23rd to 26th of January 2023)

2 hours ago, M37 said:

Otto +8% for Thursday, Missing +6%, even Whitney +1% despite likely losing some shows

Looks like we're going to see some really good holds this weekend, thanks in large part to the absence of new releases; and its a sign of a (getting) healthier market that holdovers get a 2nd/3rd/4th bite at the apple rather than people just finding something else to do

So what’s the reason for the Thursday increases this week? No popcorn day this week…

11 minutes ago, todos said:

Because in 2005 some movies increased in the same week. Last week an outlier blah blah 

same thursday last year all the top movies increased, its because no new releases and holdovers getting benefits

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corngrower87 said:

So what’s the reason for the Thursday increases this week? No popcorn day this week…

Other than Otto, highest is +6%, which is all that abnormal, especially for a light release weekend (limited Thursday previews). Last week there were three double digit increases in top 6 - find me a comparable example and we’ll talk 

43 minutes ago, M37 said:

Other than Otto, highest is +6%, which is all that abnormal, especially for a light release weekend (limited Thursday previews). Last week there were three double digit increases in top 6 - find me a comparable example and we’ll talk 

Other than rare instances of Wednesdays being muted for some reason, movies generally don’t increase on Thursday. If you you go the weak new release route, the last one that jumps out to me is the weekend starting October 28. The only new release that made the top 10 was Pray for the Devil. Yet on the 27th, every movie fell. There has to be some kind of an outside influence because the general rule is that movies tend to decrease on Thursday. Now we’ve had two in a row where films have, for the most part increased on Thursday. I’m interested in knowing why…

A2 won another weekday battle and it's clearly going to finish ahead of JW. A2 slightly ahead on Thusday, but obviously JW had summer weekdays and will see much lower weekend.

JURAWATER SHOWDOWN  - AVATAR 2 VS JURASSIC WORLD

DAY 41: (THURSDAY) AVATAR 1.44m

DAY 41: (THURSDAY) JURASSIC WORLD 1.26m

WATER TEMP: HOT (+0.15m)

CUME: AVATAR 604.88m  VS  JW 616.9m

SEA LEVEL: MINUS 12.02m

WATER FLOW: 667m

• Like 2