GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

6 minutes ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

If 18 is reported (which seems fairly likely) I’d definitely rather bet on it being rounded down than rounded up at even odds

Nah, I'd bet the other way.  Coasts and large cities (which is what we mainly track) overindexing even more than normal b/c they have a greater number of subscribers and hardcore, movie ticket buying Disney fans b/c subscribing "pays off" more at big city ticket prices and b/c these places have a more Disney-friendly current outlook...and both those groups would stay in to buy, even for a subpar movie, vs GA.

But, I could always be wrong.  And there's no real way to "prove" preview numbers b/c they get rolled into Friday anyway, so Disney could put out almost any number they want right now...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

MCU is not that far from "The Good Dinosaur"  moment for Pixar. 

Didn't they already have that with Eternals?

Anyway, should hit $100M+ over the 4-day easily thanks to the extended holiday if nothing else. Given the "ugly red-headed stepchild" status that's long been attached this particular MCU character, I guess they'll claim that's another win for them. I guess.

Shrug Leo GIFs | Tenor

31 minutes ago, Jonan23 said:

Anyway I really didn't like Quantumania but hope it earns a lot. A healthy box office is good for all. 

Nope. That would send the wrong signal to studios and encourage them to continue on their path of churning out uninspired assembly line products. That is not good for anybody except the studios (and theaters).

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

So my $89m 3 day estimate is looking good?!

No, but mine is:).

Seriously, though, it might be a touch low, but we'll see as further WOM goes,  I expected about Eternals-level critical reviews and WOM with my original Jan 1 club estimate, so if it's better than that, it likely goes closer to the $100-$105M...if it's the same (or worse, like BVS/Morbius level), I'd say we're definitely in play...

Edited by TwoMisfits

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Didn't they already have that with Eternals?

Anyway, should hit $100M+ over the 4-day easily thanks to the extended holiday if nothing else. Given the "ugly red-headed stepchild" status that's long been attached this particular MCU character, I guess they'll claim that's another win for them. I guess.

Shrug Leo GIFs | Tenor

But Eternals is pretty much a movie released during pandemic. There are still "reason" for the movie to underperform. 

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

And a win for not declaring absolute certain presales after day 1 of "minimum $23M" - til the tickets are actually bought, the only absolutely certain presales number is the number you've actually got sold b/c anything can still happen...some of us may see quality or audience or ticket price issues that the raw numbers and early sales trends don't...

Edited by TwoMisfits