kayumanggi

DUNE II | 395.8M overseas | 660.7M worldwide

On 1/27/2024 at 2:00 PM, Valonqar said:

Likewise LATAM. BOM reported only Mexico, Colombia and Brazil, all dismal numbers but if I rememebr correctly, LATAM was hit with covid the last so that could explain why only 3 countries show up on the list. The rest was probably indoors.

I would say it overperformed because it was really leggy everywhere and yeah, COVID was still an issue but not really everywhere, it was different in Mexico than Brazil for example and for Let There be Carnage numbers were close to the original in Mexico, Argentina and Chile.

They're going all in promoting Part II but I still feel like it'll lean older despite its popular young cast. I'm expecting it to behave a bit like Maverick with pretty similar gross; great numbers (relative to expectations) but not blowing up compared to US/CAN and Europe.

44 minutes ago, Parasite said:

Tbh I remember the Paris premiere for Part One also selling out super quickly, it's probably not very indicative. That being said, I also think Part Two is going to see a huge jump over Part One in France.

Agreed though it shows that interest is at least on the same level not less. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 3:25 AM, Elessar said:

My hope is something like $500m OS + $200m DOM. Maybe a fool's hope? :unsure:

I think 500M is very much possible now. I also hope it hits 300M domestic.

Feels like this is very well primed for huge numbers across Europe and NA. I have absolutely no idea how this will do in Asia or Latin America.... The first one was pretty unimpressive in both regions but not sure if that was COVID hangover or that it's just not a good fit for local tastes.

Any idea how this might be tracking in big markets like Mexico, S Korea etc?

56 minutes ago, solaris said:

Feels like this is very well primed for huge numbers across Europe and NA. I have absolutely no idea how this will do in Asia or Latin America.... The first one was pretty unimpressive in both regions but not sure if that was COVID hangover or that it's just not a good fit for local tastes.

Any idea how this might be tracking in big markets like Mexico, S Korea etc?

Heard presales is better than Oppenheimer.

Mexico premiere got great response. So there's hope. 

Europe is going to blow up like nobody's business. I think it'll increase in LATAM and Asia maybe not too much but it should make mroe than the first that fell just a hair short of 300M OS during pandemic. So 500M OS wouldn't be unrealistic.

• Like 1

Credit: @IchwanBigBrother

I'm hearing about some pretty huge numbers in other Asian countries too.  

They are bellwhethers for performance so this thing could be headed for a very high WW total indeed, especially with low or weak competitors on the horizon for a while.

credit: @ando

$1M+ in presales in South Korea so far.. Part 1 had some very impressive legs there, I think this will challenge for $25M+ in SK.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Rundown of some OS presales:

Brazil: The first 24 hours of pre-sales of Dune 2 are just a little above those from The Flash. That is decent actually, given that The Flash opened with R$16M+ and the first Dune opened with "only" R$5M. credit: @ThatWaluigiDude

Mexico: Like Kimetsu No Yaiba, I have no comps this far out for this one either but I'd say these ones are pretty good too and pointing towards a 3k+ final ticket count which is amazing.

I'm going cautious as growth in Metro Area theaters isn't as great as it is in Mexico City itself but a bit of a marketing push from Warner (kudos to what they've already done) and it could very well push $70M+ across the opening weekend. Credit: @Carlangonz

SK: Dune:Part Two -68,796(D-15) credit: @efialtes76

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Rundown of some OS presales:

Brazil: The first 24 hours of pre-sales of Dune 2 are just a little above those from The Flash. That is decent actually, given that The Flash opened with R$16M+ and the first Dune opened with "only" R$5M. credit: @ThatWaluigiDude

Mexico: Like Kimetsu No Yaiba, I have no comps this far out for this one either but I'd say these ones are pretty good too and pointing towards a 3k+ final ticket count which is amazing.

I'm going cautious as growth in Metro Area theaters isn't as great as it is in Mexico City itself but a bit of a marketing push from Warner (kudos to what they've already done) and it could very well push $70M+ across the opening weekend. Credit: @Carlangonz

SK: Dune:Part Two -68,796(D-15) credit: @efialtes76

Amazing!

Even though SK pre-sales started two weeks before release for Dune Part 1 this D-15 figure is 11 times what Part 1 had the same time but get this: it's more than Dune Part 1 had D-1!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, von Kenni said:

Amazing!

Even though SK pre-sales started two weeks before release for Dune Part 1 this D-15 figure is 11 times what Part 1 had the same time but get this: it's more than Dune Part 1 had D-1!

Ooh SK is blowing up for sure. If it can debut big, good WoM could take it really far (just like Part One's legs).