GOGODanca

Weekday Thread (2/21-2/23)

9 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Cocaine Bear early contender for worst film of the year

It's doing well with critics, especially for the type of film it is. My 20-something-year-old son saw an early screening and loved it. Says it delivers exactly what it promises.

32 minutes ago, John Harris said:

Have you read his 50-page Spider-Man scriptment? A genius he may be... but JC needs to stay far away from superhero movies! 

It's funny folks who criticize his scriptment for empty reasons like swearing, some sexuality and liberties with the source material are the same folks who would worship this movie today if JC made it back in 90s. I have zero doubt it would have been a giant hit like most of his films and considered a genre milestone. And he would've probably changed some things from that scriptment along the way, I doubt he would've gone with R rated movie in the end.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, John Harris said:

Have you read his 50-page Spider-Man scriptment? A genius he may be... but JC needs to stay far away from superhero movies! 

I think Raimi's version kept some of the concepts from JC treatment 

20 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Trailer views for Guardians 3 is a big concern considering it was promoted with SB ad. Just 11 million views on main channel after 10 days !!! That said that is the most promising MCU project in next 2 years(not sure if Deadpool 3 can be called MCU yet)

The SB trailer had 132M views on it's first day (not counting the TV ratings), it was very big, i think it's just a case that shows how split social media are these days 

YouTube usually was the biggest platform by far, now TikTok is and there's a lot of other ways to watch a trailer 

Scream 6 have pretty meh views on YouTube as well but someone said on the movie thread that it's at 50M views on TikTok 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

Flash is definitely being overpredicted. Mainly thanks to Keaton appearing who many mistakenly think will turn the movie into a NWH/Top Gun Maverick. GOTG 3 is going to outgross it by a decent amount

I watch a lot of those reaction channels, where people react to movies and trailers etc, and the views for The Flash trailer has been huge compared to other Superhero movies, doubling some of them.

I agree with you that The Flash is NOT going to be another NWH, and come anywhere close to those kind of numbers.

I DO believe Keaton and all that WILL make the film gross more than you would of expected for soemthing like 'The Flash' though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Harris said:

It's doing well with critics, especially for the type of film it is. My 20-something-year-old son saw an early screening and loved it. Says it delivers exactly what it promises.

wow its almost as if people have different opinions and someone can find it underwhelming

• Heart 1
  • Knock It Off 2

While Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania got juice from the Presidents Day Monday with $14.2M, discount Tuesday wasn’t so robust with only $7M this past week. Wednesday was $3.8M, however, yesterday only eased 3% for $3.7M getting the Peyton Reed directed sequel to a first week of $135M at 4,345 theaters.

20th Century Studio/Disney/Lightstorm’s Thursday for Avatar: The Way of Water was around half million, +2% for a tenth week of $9.7M at 2,675 and running total of $660.6M.

Universal/Dreamworks Animation’s Oscar nominated animated feature Puss in Boots: The Last Wish saw an estimated $432K ninth Thursday, +3% and a week of $8.5M for a $169.3M running total.

The second Thursday of Warner Bros.’ Magic Mike’s Last Dance posted $405K, -3% from Wednesday for a second week of $7.6M and running total of $20.2M at 3,034 venues.

13 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

People vastly overestimate how much millenials and Gen Z care about Keaton's Batman. I say this as someone who loves Batman Returns.

Gen Z sure, but Millennials are older than you're imagining. 

Keaton basically does as well as any MCU actor/character in morning consult's superhero polls among Millennials. 

https://assets.morningconsult.com/wp-uploads/2022/04/19151216/2204052_crosstabs_MC_ENTERTAINMENT_THE_BATMAN_Adults.pdf

versus 

https://morningconsult.com/2021/12/08/marvel-movies-characters-rankings/ (with raw PDF also findable)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

The SB trailer had 132M views on it's first day (not counting the TV ratings), it was very big, i think it's just a case that shows how split social media are these days 

YouTube usually was the biggest platform by far, now TikTok is and there's a lot of other ways to watch a trailer 

Scream 6 have pretty meh views on YouTube as well but someone said on the movie thread that it's at 50M views on TikTok 

TikTok is the biggest plataform now? Had no idea it was THAT big, this is insane...

But I am not the kind of guy who uses a lot of social media apart from football and box office sub-Reddits, so I guess that is why...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Gen Z sure, but Millennials are older than you're imagining. 

Keaton basically does as well as any MCU actor/character in morning consult's superhero polls among Millennials. 

https://assets.morningconsult.com/wp-uploads/2022/04/19151216/2204052_crosstabs_MC_ENTERTAINMENT_THE_BATMAN_Adults.pdf

versus 

https://morningconsult.com/2021/12/08/marvel-movies-characters-rankings/ (with raw PDF also findable)

Dear Lord... Generation Z never heard of anything lol

21 minutes ago, Landon1195 said:

So which do you think will make more, Guardians 3 or Flash?

I'm betting Guardians.

Yeah Guardians of the Galaxy should do more, especially with a better calendar in terms of competition. But both movies should be a lot closer than I would have ever expected even a month ago.

• Like 4