Eric Burnett

Weekdays Thread (2/27-3/2) | Cocaine Bear's #1 on Wednesday. America's got a drug problem!

3 hours ago, M37 said:

Around $1.5M Wed and $1.4M Thur is what I had mentally penciled in after Monday's numbers fwiw

AMWQ is going to be flirting with a 60% drop for weekend 3, though it may have just enough left to stay under at like $13-$14M

I've said as much before, but I think the more fan-heavy audience has already checked out due to WOM, leaving mostly GA, which is why its been dropping quickly and weekdays are particularly low. But could also mean PLF share is lower than normal, and losing those to Creed III won't be as harsh of an impact as some other titles in their 3rd week

You could also have the opposite of this for the same reason.

Only the Marvel fans are super interested so they see it the opening weekend and then there simply is not enough interest from the GA to keep it afloat, so it basically dies very quickly as there is no real demand for it and the GA basically says I don't really need to see this, maybe I will catch it on D+.

I agree completely that whether it stabilizes comes down to the GA and how much do they want to see this and how much does bad WOM negatively impact that.

Lets just hope that this is a good wake up call for the MCU that they can't just coast on their namesake anymore. Sure they still have their superfans that will watch anything, but eventually they'll get sick of the MCU if they continue making garbage like this glorified Spy Kids movie.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81

I also think that the auds aren't really big ANT-MAN fans. The box office of the first two movies show that. I mean, people say they hated THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER, but that one still made a good amount of money. In fact it's the biggest so far among THOR movies in North America. It also made more than RAGNAROK overseas minus China and Russia. And that's the fourth movie already.

But Marvel really needs to think about what they're gonna do with the fifth one because we don't know until when the fans can be forgiving with the Thor movies.

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

The answer by the way is (basically) ... the last Ant-Man movie, which dropped 428 locations (down to 3,778) for its week 3, up against Equalizer and Mamma Mia sequels

After my really bad prediction yesterday I am leery to put a number. the ratios are way off relative to previous week as the numbers are also really small. But just relative to yesterday the drop is 8.5%. I wonder if ratio goes up, stays up or go down. Relative to last week its almost down 70% but last week ratios were really up as some big markets schools were OFF. This week is normal winter thursday. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

After my really bad prediction yesterday I am leery to put a number. the ratios are way off relative to previous week as the numbers are also really small. But just relative to yesterday the drop is 8.5%. I wonder if ratio goes up, stays up or go down. Relative to last week its almost down 70% but last week ratios were really up as some big markets schools were OFF. This week is normal winter thursday. 

I dont really care if youre wrong, its still a lot of fun

existing in a world where antman 3 could drop 50% from the previous non-holiday weekday was cash; it might not have ended up happenning, but id already had my fun 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1