Eric Burnett

Weekdays Thread (2/27-3/2) | Cocaine Bear's #1 on Wednesday. America's got a drug problem!

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

After my really bad prediction yesterday I am leery to put a number. the ratios are way off relative to previous week as the numbers are also really small. But just relative to yesterday the drop is 8.5%. I wonder if ratio goes up, stays up or go down. Relative to last week its almost down 70% but last week ratios were really up as some big markets schools were OFF. This week is normal winter thursday. 

8.5% drop would get it 1.4m  translating to 12-13m .

What kind of jump are you expecting on Friday

Deadpool  jumped 130% which seems reasonable range to me.

BP and uncharted comps are pointless.

Thinking

+125-130%

+65%-75%

-33%

Edited by Liiviig 1998

6 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

8.5% drop would get it 1.4m  translating to 12-13m .

What kind of jump are you expecting on Friday

Deadpool  jumped 130% which seems reasonable range to me.

BP and uncharted comps are pointless.

Thinking

+125-130%

+65%-75%

-33%

I don’t know that BP is pointless, as by week 3 it had settled into a groove, and its ~10x Thur was very similar to NWH last year on this weekend (vs Batman) at ~9.7x

Those are probably the high end though, thinking more like 9x with PLF loss

19 minutes ago, M37 said:

I don’t know that BP is pointless, as by week 3 it had settled into a groove, and its ~10x Thur was very similar to NWH last year on this weekend (vs Batman) at ~9.7x

Those are probably the high end though, thinking more like 9x with PLF loss

Sure BP comp ain't impossible but don't think Ant-Man has settled in groove yet . It's still dropping off big . Even DS2 n TLT had stabilized by third weekend . Add to that Wom and more competition n plf loss to come.

Let's see how the weekend goes.

Universal’s Cocaine Bear won Thursday with an estimated $1.48M (-5% from Wednesday) at 3,534 theaters and a $30.2M first week. Disney/Marvel Studio’s Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania at 4,345 theaters saw $1.4M (-8%) yesterday, a second week of $39.1M and running total of $174.2M.

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

I believe there is some Oscar event happened on Thursday. All best picture nominees have some unusual bump.

Women Talking: +15%

Tar: +105%

Fabelmans: +76%

Banshees: +100% 

Maybe you´re right..

Avatar will get finally the epic 5x and enter in this very exclusive club for movies that opened over 70 M, i think is a great fact, especially in this post 2020 age.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1