filmlover

The 95th Academy Awards official live feed thread | EEAAO and All Quiet win most of the awards. A24 reigns supreme and Asian Excellence is high

10 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Shit. Unless I'm missing something after these AQOTWF wins could we potentially be looking at SEVEN BP NOMINEES going empty handed?

I still think Women Talking takes Adapted Screenplay unless the All Quiet train keeps on going. And Elvis might take home Actor although its lack of love in the techs so far is concerning. But yeah, they aren't really spreading the love tonight so far.

Edited by filmlover

Interesting the division on Curtis vs Basset. From my point of view I can barely remember a single thing Basset did in Wakanda Forever whereas so many scenes from Curtis in everything. EEATO is just a way superior film and Wakanda forgetable. Might be why she took it even if Basset had the arguable better performance.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 3

7 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Interesting the division on Curtis vs Basset. From my point of view I can barely remember a single thing Basset did in Wakanda Forever whereas so many scenes from Curtis in everything. EEATO is just a way superior film and Wakanda forgetable. Might be why she took it even if Basset had the arguable better performance.

JLC wasn’t even the BSA performance in that movie. 🤣 

Edited by KJsooner

7 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Interesting the division on Curtis vs Basset. From my point of view I can barely remember a single thing Basset did in Wakanda Forever whereas so many scenes from Curtis in everything.

The only possible way you could come to this is if you're mistaking JLC for Hsu because JLC barely did anything at all. It wasn't something like Hathaway in Les Mis where she had one massive scene in a long movie, no she just was also there.

8 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Bassett did have one hell of an acting clip in it though. Was probably held back from a win by the fact she dies an hour before the movie is over as much as her performance being in a comic book movie though.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Bassett did have one hell of an acting clip in it though. Was probably held back from a win by the fact she dies an hour before the movie is over as much as her performance being in a comic book movie though.

People do not to admit they have overstated the quality of both BP films because of larger racial overtones and the horrific tragedy of what happened to Boseman. 

• Knock It Off 6

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

All Quiet on the Western Front winning it all would destroy the internet also as bad as Boseman not only not winning but the actual winner, Hopkins, not even being there

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Whoopi Okay GIF - Whoopi Okay Ok - Discover & Share GIFs

They without question did. I'll die that hill forever. BP getting a best picture nod was an utter joke. Those films duo not hold a candle from a "Academy quality" perspective to any of the TDK films. 

Now we have people shocked that these movies are't winning oscars. their expectations are so out of wack.

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 5

Just now, excel1 said:

They without question did. I'll die that hill forever. BP getting a best picture nod was an utter joke. Those films duo not hold a candle from a "Academy quality" perspective to any of the TDK films. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1