Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/10-12 | Weekend Estimates: Scream VI 44.5 (franchise best!), Creed III 27.2, LXV 12.3 #AintManIII 7, Cocaine Bear I 6.2

18 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

More slashers treated like blockbusters.

We need a new Nightmare on Elm Street film. 

Maybe the new I Know What You Did Last Summer will do well. Hopefully this pushes them to do a new Faculty and Urban Legend too. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

We need a new Nightmare on Elm Street film. 

Maybe the new I Know What You Did Last Summer will do well. Hopefully this pushes them to do a new Faculty and Urban Legend too. 

That we're pushing 15 years without Freddie feels insane in the modern world

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

it's great that scream is finally having the kind of opening numbers everyone was expecting 12 years ago. i tell ya with the accuracy of the tracking these days we're really missing the manic energy of a thread where everyone thought a movie was gonna open 40+ and it ends up under 20.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

The only thing nagging me is how Spyglass will be feeling so vindicated about short-changing Neve.

Assuming the rest of the world reacted to the movie the way people at my showing did, I think it would be stupid if they don't give Neve Campbell the money she wants to return. People were cheering for Gale and Kirby much more than they did for Jenna Ortega's character. I believe the legacy characters and how they were treated by the script are one of the reasons this movie is being so well received by the fans. It will be a great card to play in a future sequel to have Sidney return.

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Assuming the rest of the world reacted to the movie the way people at my showing did, I think it would be stupid if they don't give Neve Campbell the money she wants to return. People were cheering for Gale and Kirby much more than they did for Jenna Ortega's character. I believe the legacy characters and how they were treated by the script are one of the reasons this movie is being so well received by the fans. It will be a great card to play in a future sequel to have Sidney return.

Sidney and Detective Kincaid would be cool. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's great that scream is finally having the kind of opening numbers everyone was expecting 12 years ago. i tell ya with the accuracy of the tracking these days we're really missing the manic energy of a thread where everyone thought a movie was gonna open 40+ and it ends up under 20.

Wasn't there a Scr4em club where even the lowest predict was double what it actually opened with? :hahaha: Those were some wild times.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Opening is about 33M in 2011 ticket prices. Still almost double :hahaha:

14 hours ago, screambaby said:

Wonder why the last 2 Halloween movies can't get scream numbers overall...oh yeah its a dead series

The last two Halloween movies were Telekom Peacock day and date with theaters. I’m not talking about any kind of PVOD, any Peacock subscriber could watch them. I guarantee you this cut quite a bit off of the ceiling for Kills, and the opening for Ends. Ends’ BO would’ve gone to hell regardless after that first weekend just because of how divisive it is. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Opening is about 33M in 2011 ticket prices. Still almost double :hahaha:

33  would have been fine . Less then 20  wasn't. Still one of my favorites in the series and I'm sad wes got the shaft cause perv weinstein and his brother decided to not market a movie they poured 40 million into.

Edited by screambaby

Scream really is in a league of its own. It's hitting 6 for 6 and really us horror fans are lucky to see the quality continue like it has. 

I know there's an angle to play that Spyglass will be 'justified' in not giving Neve the coin, BUT I think it actually strengthens her position because they're going to want the base to keep growing and having her back in maybe two more films is the way to do it. 

Seeing it tomorrow because the crowds in Nashville have gotten so out of hand opening week for horror that it's legit hard to watch the film.  I love a good crowd but it is the wild wild west out there Friday-Sunday. 

Fuck yes Scream.

• Like 7