CJohn

Friday Numbers (THG: 6.5M; T3S: 5.6M; CitW: 5.5M)

Should be a good summer..But i guess its insanely warm in Texas in the summer time and people stay away from theaters unless its a blockbuster

It's the opposite. Movie theaters are seen as an escape from the heat.

So relieved that the Stooges won't be dethroning Katniss! Amazing that THG will be the first film since Avatar to score 4 weekends at the top! :o Obviously the March release is why it was able to, but it's still another impressive accomplishment to add to its list.

It's the opposite. Movie theaters are seen as an escape from the heat.

Ahh... okey.. We really don´t have that problem here...When its Finally hot in Denmark we wan´t to be outside

I think THG could potentially beat Think Like a Man next weekend, but it won't beat The Lucky One, so it's a moot point.

I think Think Like a Man will win the weekend with Lucky One second and THG third. TLM is an Urban comedy based on a bestselling book with a good cast so I think 20 million is in play. I just don't see Zac Efron on his own opening a movie to 20 million. Charlie St. Cloud was more hyped and it did 13 million OW.

Some of the tweets are hilarious re: Cabin in the Woods"Shit wasn't even scary"Um. Clearly they didn't get the concept of the entire film. I knew it would be hard for mainstream idiots to comprehend. They wrongly thought it would be Wrong Turn. Anyway, I'm happy with Friday gross. $0.5m more than I predicted.

I think Think Like a Man will win the weekend with Lucky One second and THG third. TLM is an Urban comedy based on a bestselling book with a good cast so I think 20 million is in play. I just don't see Zac Efron on his own opening a movie to 20 million. Charlie St. Cloud was more hyped and it did 13 million OW.

But Lucky One is based off a Nicolas Sparks novel. Those things are like guaranteed gold mines. It's not gonna open like Dear John or The Vow but I think it can do 20m. Either way, THG staying #1 next weekend is pretty damn close to impossible. Would be really cool to see though.

But Lucky One is based off a Nicolas Sparks novel. Those things are like guaranteed gold mines. It's not gonna open like Dear John or The Vow but I think it can do 20m. Either way, THG staying #1 next weekend is pretty damn close to impossible. Would be really cool to see though.

I expect Think to do 18-19 and Lucky One to do 15-16. I'm not really convinced that Zac Efron can open a movie any higher than that. Last Song is probably a better comparison in this case than The Vow or Dear John both with Channing Tatum and female leads with real Box Office drawing power. First tacking numbers should be out on Monday so we will have a better idea then.

I expect Think to do 18-19 and Lucky One to do 15-16. I'm not really convinced that Zac Efron can open a movie any higher than that. Last Song is probably a better comparison in this case than The Vow or Dear John both with Channing Tatum and female leads with real Box Office drawing power. First tacking numbers should be out on Monday so we will have a better idea then.

True that. I really haven't seen that much advertising for this to be honest. I saw a lot of ads for The Vow in comparison. A potential disappointment is definitely a possibility.