interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty sure Elgort hasn't booked any gigs since West Side Story (which was made almost 4 years ago and a year before his Twitter accusations) so not sure where this comparison comes into play unless it's to say Majors will have no work going forward at least for a while (even if his name is eventually cleared, Disney/Marvel will likely just move on and recast to avoid headlines since it's unlikely they'll put their projects already dated on hold for it). Won't say the concepts of "innocent until proven guilty" and "due process" are largely dead in the social media era, but won't claim that they aren't either. It's just a different time we live in.

Have no comment on the whole Majors situation until all the facts come out, other than 1) this just makes me sad and hopefully the woman is okay and 2) not gonna give the time of day to all these folks going around on Twitter claiming stuff along the lines of "I always knew and tried to warn all of you"...uh huh, yeah, where are those receipts? Take a seat and say nothing because it's just coming across as blatant opportunism using scandal for self-promotion.

Ansel has a show on HBO launching its 2nd season this year so what the hell are you talking about him not having work?

He will keep getting solid gigs but will likely stay away from the spotlight.

4 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I believe the victim without evidence when the accused has a history of violence or SA.

I've actually seen people lie about domestic violence out of spite.

Majors has been arrested after the police found the evidence while on his apartment that he actually injured his girlfriend, who’s been hospitalized with minor injuries on her neck and her face.

That’s pretty damn clear.

Disney can’t be associated with someone that perpetuates domestic violence against women.

They fired people for less in the past.

Obviously his firing would be a real juggernaut for an already decadent franchise…

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

People using Casey Affleck is insane as well. His career is dead. Dead.

Not really, but he was definitely hit hard, after Best Lead Actor win he should've had much bigger career than a couple of indies.

Edited by Firepower

14 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Is it going over 70 mln?

Almost certainly. Unless Sunday crashed which is unlikely - noting the insanely strong WoM.

Tricky thing is that evening / nights for Sundays would not be that strong noting the runtime.

Edited by TigerPaw

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I’d never seen a star rise as fast as Majors’ and now I guess I can add ‘and fall’ to that. 

On Reddit, saw his trajectory described as a Star to Tár moment.

The incident with Majors reportedly happened inside a taxi. Many of them have interior cameras for driver safety, so there may possibly be footage of the whole thing. His rep sounded confident about "clearing this up" but wasn't there and is just going by what Majors told him.

22 minutes ago, CJohn said:

People using Casey Affleck is insane as well. His career is dead. Dead.

He's in Oppenheimer, not sure how large the role will be.  Other projects are in the works, including a movie under that new Matt and Ben production company. Let's not forget Casey's biggest moment in recent years, allegedly throwing out the Ana de Armas cutout after she and Ben split up. He said it wasn't him but lol...

29 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Ansel has a show on HBO launching its 2nd season this year so what the hell are you talking about him not having work?

He booked Tokyo Vice (ngl forgot that was even a thing and assumed it had been cancelled unceremoniously) before the allegations and hasn't been even in contention for any other major gigs (hard to tell if that's because studios only seem to want Chalamet or Holland for all parts for actors in that age group these days) but I stand corrected otherwise lol.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

He booked Tokyo Vice (ngl forgot that was even a thing and assumed it had been cancelled unceremoniously) before the allegations and hasn't been even in contention for any other major gigs (hard to tell if that's because studios only seem to want Chalamet or Holland for all parts for actors in that age group these days) but I stand corrected otherwise lol.

He is scorched earth. No point in booking him when people that actually sell and don't have allegations floating around are available like Chalalegend and Spider-Tom.

He will keep getting gigs most likely on TV. I expect something similar to happen with Majors unless they can really bury this and Avengers 5/6 go on as planned and become big loved hits.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Really don't know why they picked him for Kang if he was obviously bad enough to have had rumors for a substantial period of time.

what rumours though? Or are we taking the word of basement dwellers on Twitter as sources Disney should have consulted before giving him the gig? 

The arrest and allegations themselves from this weekend are alarming, no question.  If proven, then the consequences are inevitable for his career. 

There’s no evidence to substantiate anything else being said at this time though. 

• Like 7