Eric Prime

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

57 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

When is the last time we saw a movie just smash projections like this for OW? NWH? Top Gun?

Feel like everyone who was paying attention knew TGM was doing 150 million+ for the 4-day, I remember even asking empire city if 200 million was possible, and "maybe" being his answer

week 2 was the big one, projections were 65-70 million

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What were the lowest low ball projections for Super Mario's 5-day?

110 million? :hahaha:

I think variety or one of the big outlets had it pegged for $95-115 over the 5-day last week

• Haha 1

‘Super Mario Bros’ Huge: $195M 5-day Is 2nd Best Of All-Time; Record Opening For Illumination – Update

MCDSUMA_UV009.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1
From left: Toad (voice: Keegan-Michael Key), Princess Peach (voice: Anya Taylor-Joy)Everett Collection

FRIDAY MIDDAY: Super Mario Bros Movie is cleaning up at the box office, with an expected Friday of $59M, which puts it on course for a $137M 3-day and $195M 5-day. It’s a 3-day and 5-day record for Illumination, beating Minions’ $115.7M 3-day and Despicable Me 2‘s 5-day of $143M. Among Easter 3-day openers, it’s third behind Batman v. Superman ($181M) and Furious 7 ($161.2M).

https://deadline.com/2023/04/box-office-super-mario-bros-movie-air-amazon-ben-affleck-1235318951/

Truly lol at how big this thing is

• Like 2
  • Astonished 15

6 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

‘Super Mario Bros’ Huge: $195M 5-day Is 2nd Best Of All-Time; Record Opening For Illumination – Update

From left: Toad (voice: Keegan-Michael Key), Princess Peach (voice: Anya Taylor-Joy)Everett Collection

FRIDAY MIDDAY: Super Mario Bros Movie is cleaning up at the box office, with an expected Friday of $59M, which puts it on course for a $137M 3-day and $195M 5-day. It’s a 3-day and 5-day record for Illumination, beating Minions’ $115.7M 3-day and Despicable Me 2‘s 5-day of $143M. Among Easter 3-day openers, it’s third behind Batman v. Superman ($181M) and Furious 7 ($161.2M).

https://deadline.com/2023/04/box-office-super-mario-bros-movie-air-amazon-ben-affleck-1235318951/

it was expected, but seeing trades raise their projections by 54 million over night will be surprising no matter the context

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

11 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Xb3k8tS.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 3