kayumanggi

Weekdays Thread | April 10 - 13 | Thursday Numbers | 9.87M THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE | 1.04M JOHN WICK IV | 1.02M AIR | 0.96M D&D

Even if more schools are still out than I realized, there’s no way this isn’t more of a weekend movie during this time of year. Pulling 20m on a weekday is huge. So eager to see the hold this weekend to know just how big we’re talking with this movie. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

correct me if I'm wrong, but that Monday Mario number is a MAJOR overperformance, right?

Yes / no 🤷‍♂️🤣 its larger than it could be (speaking to the sheer size of the film) but fits well within the norm for family skewing flicks post easter Sunday. 

The drop Wednesday will speak more to the over performance than anything this week imo. 

We obviously arent used to seeing a film of any sort pull this kind of cash during the Easter frame. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Yes / no 🤷‍♂️🤣 its larger than it could be (speaking to the sheer size of the film) but fits well within the norm for family skewing flicks post easter Sunday. 

The drop Wednesday will speak more to the over performance than anything this week imo. 

We obviously arent used to seeing a film of any sort pull this kind of cash during the Easter frame. 

hmm yeah I remember Zootopia's post-Easter Monday being misleading too. :thinking:

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

correct me if I'm wrong, but that Monday Mario number is a MAJOR overperformance, right?

Side note, since Keysers first read last night was ~16m (again, normal, but on the larger drop side) the final being 20m seems much larger - and so by nature it seems more major :) that was a fun set of posts last night when Charlie dropped the 19m+. 

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Just found out my brother's kids (tweens/teen boys) are all seeing Mario tonight with their parents - this is their 1st movie in theater since pre-Covid (their last was SW: ROTS)...the power of Mario...

Revenge of the Sith or The Rise of Skywalker?

• Like 1