Eric is Anxious

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

It's Friday, which if the past few weeks is any indication means the day when movies get delayed. :lol: Who will follow in the footsteps of MGM, Sony, and Netflix this week (not Disney since they just confirmed their schedule for the next 10 months the other day).

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's Friday, which if the past few weeks is any indication means the day when movies get delayed. :lol: Who will follow in the footsteps of MGM, Sony, and Netflix this week (not Disney since they just confirmed their schedule for the next 10 months the other day).

Paramount and/or Universal I reckon.

Edited by Jonwo

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Paramount and/or Universal I reckom.

Paramount's only remaining releases for the year are Paw Patrol 2 and Killers of the Flower Moon (and potentially the Bob Marley biopic if it ends up doing the qualifying release thing since at the moment it's a January 2024 title) so any moves would be to next year's schedule. Same with Universal, who have a similarly light schedule for the rest of 2023 (luckily after Mario, Fast X, and Oppenheimer they can enjoy a quiet remainder of the year).

Just now, filmlover said:

Paramount's only remaining releases for the year are Paw Patrol 2 and Killers of the Flower Moon (and potentially the Bob Marley biopic if it ends up doing the qualifying release thing since at the moment it's a January 2024 title) so any moves would be to next year's schedule. Same with Universal, who have a similarly light schedule for the rest of 2023 (luckily after Mario, Fast X, and Oppenheimer they can enjoy a quiet remainder of the year).

It's strange how stacked WB's second half is currently with Nun 2, Dune Part II and the three December releases. 

Bob Marley: One Love  I would imagine will get a limited release for qualifying purposes, I'm surprised it's not been set already. 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It's strange how stacked WB's second half is currently with Nun 2, Dune Part II and the three December releases. 

Funnily enough, if Dune does end up moving, the December trio will be their first releases in over three months. Gives them plenty of time and resources to promote them (Aquaman 2 will need to start marketing real soon or it's either getting dumped or delayed) with the hope the strike will be over by then.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Funnily enough, if Dune does end up moving, the December trio will be their first releases in over three months. Gives them plenty of time and resources to promote them (Aquaman 2 will need to start marketing real soon or it's either getting dumped or delayed) with the hope the strike will be over by then.

I do wonder if Juror Number 2 was planned for January 2024? It won't happen now even though Eastwood shoots his films very quickly but I could see it slot in nicely for August or October 2024 or if WB does a bit of rejigging, maybe April 2024 with LOTR moving to later in the year.

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

This guys timeline is a trip (not Hawken, the guy in the picture, he regularly posts videos addressed to Iger and Zaslav and others about their franchises)

The Chip n Dale avatar is the perfect cherry on top with this statement lmao

• Like 1

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Actually, since Disney unofficially delayed Deadpool 3 by not having it on their schedule, they could very well now confirm it today in the Friday afternoon news drop...

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

I wonder that the Warners 2024 schedule does not look a;; that strong might be a factor in the move decisions. It could use some bucking up.