Eric S'ennui

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

13 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Who is she talking about? Leo and Bob are not promoting Killers and their is no other big star movie really deep in the marketing right now. 

She said she doesn't want reveal this, because she fears retaliation. Still, she seems to have reported it to SAG-AFTRA.

Edited by Kon

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do think you need calm down a little, it will get resolved.

Well yeah it will get resolved at some point but sooner rather than later would be nice and it is already to f up next year no matter what. And calm down? I am not slitting my wrists or something.  Depressing is the wrong word. Irritated is more like it.

As I've said, I think tempers on social media probably need to be lowered much they were a month ago with the WGA attacking people left, right and centre. 

I assume the promotion for Killers of the Flower Moon is things that's been done months ago rather than recently. Leo has done no promotion so it's not him.

31 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The studio suck up is back at it. 

Can we please stop sharing his garbage here? He's an anti-union asshole and this forum's a million times better off without him.

This goes with all the other threads. Don't think I don't notice y'all sharing his garbage.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

As I've said, I think tempers on social media probably need to be lowered much they were a month ago with the WGA attacking people left, right and centre. 

I assume the promotion for Killers of the Flower Moon is things that's been done months ago rather than recently. Leo has done no promotion so it's not him.

I am really trying to think who it is based on upcoming movies. Brie Larson for Marvels. Have not seen her anywhere.  Joaquin for Napoleon? Timothy for Wonka?  Jason for Aquaman. Those are the biggest stars left for the year. Interesting. 

Just now, emoviefan said:

I am really trying to think who it is based on upcoming movies. Brie Larson for Marvels. Have not seen her anywhere.  Joaquin for Napoleon? Timothy for Wonka?  Jason for Aquaman. Those are the biggest stars left for the year. Interesting. 

The only actress that has done promo for a film is Anne Hathaway but that was approved by SAG as it was an independent movie. Everyone else has been promoting plays, books etc 

33 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

The fact he tries to keep pretending he is in the middle here and not a complete shill for the studios is hillarious. 

Empire has been consistently wrong, wrong, wrong on this stuff and when he's "right" he's just making educated guesses that turn out to be true. He's probably in some group gossip chat that gets second hand info, and immediately runs to Twitter to post it.

• Like 2

Whoever the actor is must be doing something very minuscule. That might get a small reprimand and that will be it.  Nobody has been outright promoting their films unless they have an interim agreement. 

Edited by babz06

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

So depressing if true. . Next year is going to be such a cluster F for movies. Can't even get exited about anything.  Covid delays were almost preferable because they had no choice due to closed movie theaters due to health guidelines.  This time there will be open theaters with at some point not much to play because of this bullshit. 

Yeah, anything that's not already done with principal photography probably isn't coming out before July. As for TV....good luck 2025!

5 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Probably Timberlake being in a Mr Beast video at a very convenient time this weekend 

My guess is this strike gets resolved a few days before Thanksgiving, before something disastrous happens like the government putting intense pressure on both groups to get this ended.

Which means Marvels, THG, and Wish gets completely boned since they will have no marketing from their stars. We saw what happened recently with ticket sales, with movies no longer getting that final boost days before release. Unawareness is going to kill those movies.

Edited by Mojoguy

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

My guess is this strike gets resolved a few days before Thanksgiving, before something disastrous happens like the government putting intense pressure on both groups to get this ended.

Which means Marvels, THG, and Wish gets completely boned since they will have no marketing from their stars. We saw what happened recently with ticket sales, with movies no longer getting that final boost days before release. Unawareness is going to kill those movies.

Honestly, I don't think these movies are so affected by the lack of actors promotion (studios could promote these in other ways).

Wish is an animated movie, so the actors promotion wouldn't really give a big boost to the box office.

I also doubt promotion would improve a lot the reception for The Marvels or THG. I mean, both movies mainly depend on franchise power to attract attention, so the actors promotion wouldn't have a really big effect.

Edited by Kon

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Oscar movies (Poor Things, Maestro, etc.) are the ones that will really feel the pain of the actors being unable to promote them, if the strike does last through the holidays (we'll see about that).

Good thing they weren’t made with the intention of making money then.

Maestro was directed, produced, written by, and stars Bradley Cooper with a limited theatrical release, and sold to Netflix so he can recoup the costs. It literally exists to win a Oscar and nothing more lol.

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Cast promotion for Wish will not do anything lol. Kids do not know, or care who is the voice actor in that movie. And none of the people who are in it are draws of any sort. The only thing that matters here is how much kids like it.

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Really I think what's going to kill them is they all look like pretty bad films.

52 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Oscar movies (Poor Things, Maestro, etc.) are the ones that will really feel the pain of the actors being unable to promote them, if the strike does last through the holidays (we'll see about that).

I mean chances are it never would have made much money anyway, most oscar bait films barely b3eak even these days even with promotion

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Tbh if the strike is that extensive I'd assume they'd delay the Oscars. Plus Maestro is a Netflix original so

Edited by SpiderByte