Eric Lasagna

THE CREATOR | 09.29.2023

1 hour ago, Day and Date The Best said:

The Creator is another robot liberation maybe, (not that it is) I robot 2.0 but injecting the word AI more.

MV5BNmE1OWI2ZGItMDUyOS00MmU5LWE0MzUtYTQ0

Same Studio by the way 20th Century Studios (before 20th Century Fox). 

Where did you get that?

20th Century  FOx has been 20th Century Fox since  1934 as a result of a merger between two studios 20th Century studios and Fox Studios. DId not change, as far as I can tell until it became 21st Century Fox

I hated that movie because it butchured the Isacc Asimov classic so badly.

2 hours ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Hollywood never stopped doing these kinds of movies. Major studios release like 5 of these films yearly. These comments of they dont do it, is unfounded and bad perception because of those who perform good at the box office. Every Major Studio has like  Arthouse division, Disney/20th Century Studios has Searchlight, Universal has Focus Features, Sony has Sony Pictures Classics. Paramount Always yearly releases art films, Warner Bros Always does middle films even with Zaslav. Etc, etc. They are not on peril. 

How many of them cost 80m? Yeah they will keep making originals but it's gonna all be low budget stuff if they keep on flopping with decent sized budgets unless it's a mega name director (nolan, etc) who wants to make one 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Giorno said:

How many of them cost 80m? Yeah they will keep making originals but it's gonna all be low budget stuff if they keep on flopping with decent sized budgets unless it's a mega name director (nolan, etc) who wants to make one 

Lots of them, Ad Astra was more expensive, Babylon, Reminescense, The Northman (70 million budget). All on that budget ballpark. those movies are basically tradition every year.

Edited by Day and Date The Best

12 hours ago, The GOAT said:

I haven't watched any trailers of this movie, but I did see an excerpt that it was one of the best sci fi movies of the decade.  

Does anybody know if it's IMAX worthy? 

Watched no trailers neither, and watched the movie and Ughh what could be told? Well, art is subjective, maybe you like it who knows.

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

Where did you get that?

20th Century  FOx has been 20th Century Fox since  1934 as a result of a merger between two studios 20th Century studios and Fox Studios. DId not change, as far as I can tell until it became 21st Century Fox

I hated that movie because it butchured the Isacc Asimov classic so badly.

I know the history of 20th Century Pictures and Fox before the merger, Fox made Sunrise a Tale of 2 humans. The rights became part of 20th Century Fox once the merger, then Disney rebrand and the like. Just saying is the same company and companies keep rights to scripts lots of time.