Eric Furiosa

THE CREATOR | 09.29.2023

Thought it was okay but def could have been way better. Washington was really wooden in this. The actress who plays the girl did a great job.

Excellent looking visuals and you can feel Edwards' signature there with giant stuff though there was some iffy CGI. Soundtrack did not really stand out to me which was a shame because it's a Hans Zimmer soundtrack.

Basically the concept was interesting but the movie didn't have enough time to cover it all in my opinion. In the third act it almost all falls apart. The way it jumps from scene to scene kind of stands out to me since it was probably chopped up to reduce the runtime. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Thought it was okay but def could have been way better. Washington was really wooden in this. The actress who plays the girl did a great job.

Excellent looking visuals and you can feel Edwards' signature there with giant stuff though there was some iffy CGI. Soundtrack did not really stand out to me which was a shame because it's a Hans Zimmer soundtrack.

Basically the concept was interesting but the movie didn't have enough time to cover it all in my opinion. In the third act it almost all falls apart. The way it jumps from scene to scene kind of stands out to me since it was probably chopped up to reduce the runtime. 

Seem like budget constraint have put the film on rushy third act. 

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

uh oh

19 minutes ago, Firepower said:

So it's not the best movie ever made? Shocking.

It doesn't need to be.

Man, i hate it how people pick out one "not-so-great-but-still-okay" review and start concern trolling. The internet has destroyed all the fun.

:sadfleck:

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 5

This is what Hollywood need to focus more on. There is a reason why The Flash, Indy, Mission Impossible and countless other movies were rejected this past summer. People want something new. Glad this is getting great reactions. Crazy how this cost way less than most films this past summer but look 10 times better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

This is what Hollywood need to focus more on. There is a reason why The Flash, Indy, Mission Impossible and countless other movies were rejected this past summer. People want something new. Glad this is getting great reactions. Crazy how this cost way less than most films this past summer but look 10 times better.

The vast majority of successful films this year are based on franchises/popular IPs with the exception of oppenheimer and pre-sales so far don't seem to be indicate huge interest in the creator, hoping that changes when reviews drop

More screenings tonight, now that more people saw it the reactions are starting to get toward the more realistic and down to earth type of reception: good, some people really love but obviously some other have issues with it. 

Still, it keeps reading really decent overall to me when even the ones with problems with it still think it have very good things in it. Still thinking +65 on MC and 80´s % on RT, basically, the same ballpark of Gareth other movies.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hackneyed script from a million other things with boring actors and spectacular production value. Looks and operates like a real movie, but Gareth needs more innovative scripts.

Yeah I think I'm gonna pass on this one as I've seen enough similar reactions.  I think it will get some decent reviews like Godzilla and Rogue One somehow did but man by the midway point I almost walked out of both of those movies and I don't want that theatrical experience again.   I find his movies to be profoundly dull, they are just weirdly lacking that human element in them.  There's nothing worse than being bored as fuck in a theater, give me a funny bad movie(House of Gucci) or glorious schlock(THE MEG) over a boring lifeless one any day.  I might catch this one on streaming in the background eventually.

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Yeah I think I'm gonna pass on this one as I've seen enough similar reactions.  I think it will get some decent reviews like Godzilla and Rogue One somehow did but man by the midway point I almost walked out of both of those movies and I don't want that theatrical experience again.   I find his movies to be profoundly dull, they are just weirdly lacking that human element in them.  There's nothing worse than being bored as fuck in a theater, give me a funny bad movie(House of Gucci) or glorious schlock(THE MEG) over a boring lifeless one any day.  I might catch this one on streaming in the background eventually.

I don't want it to come across like I don't like it, it's pretty good. Just very familiar with uninteresting characters. I do like it more than most big budget movies I've seen this year and I hope more movies emulate its production model... but yeah, far from a modern sci-fi classic.

Edited by Lucas

On 9/21/2023 at 10:20 AM, WittyUsername said:

I think the jury is still out on if this will get a glowing response from critics. I could see this being something that would inspire feelings of “meh” in a lot of people. 

Might be yet another case of the early reviews not being a good guise to what the final reaction will be.

The earlier reviews ..particualry for "geek" type movies.....are always by "geek" critics who have a heavy bias in favor of  certain types of film. The Mainstream critics are a lot less enghusiatic. We have seen this play out time and time again, and it might be happening again.

52 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Might be yet another case of the early reviews not being a good guise to what the final reaction will be.

The earlier reviews ..particualry for "geek" type movies.....are always by "geek" critics who have a heavy bias in favor of  certain types of film. The Mainstream critics are a lot less enghusiatic. We have seen this play out time and time again, and it might be happening again.

But there’s someone really expecting glowing reviews? Like 95% and +80 on MC? 

I presume everyone was expecting something between Godzilla and Rogue One