Eric Lasagna

THE CREATOR | 09.29.2023

Shame seeing the RT score drop that much in the last few hours. Baffling with the metacritic and average rating

In terms of box office, I don't get why Gareth Evans didn't go with like a Tom Hardy or Jake Gyllenhaal or someone like that for the leading role. I feel like they would only move the budget needle by like $5m-$10m and would bring more people in. I know someone like Gyllenhaal especially has tons of flops, but someone like that who would've put this movie on people's maps.

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m guessing this movie won’t fare all that well with the general audience, which would be a shame, because it flopping would only serve to further convince Hollywood that they shouldn’t take chances on anything that’s not part of an established brand. 

Why every standard movie that is not a comic book movie here is said to be some original blah blah when this was typical Hollywood masala movie. Nothing bad about that.

Edited by Day and Date The Best

1 minute ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Why every standard movie that is not a comic book movie here is said to be some original blah blah when this was typical Hollywood masala movie.

by original people mean not based on source material/popular franchise, not that its doing something thats never been done before, star wars took ideas from dune and kurosawa movies but that doesn't mean its not original

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Giorno said:

by original people mean not based on source material/popular franchise, not that its doing something thats never been done before, star wars took ideas from dune and kurosawa movies but that doesn't mean its not original. 

Hollywood never stopped doing these kinds of movies. Major studios release like 5 of these films yearly. These comments of they dont do it, is unfounded and bad perception because of those who perform good at the box office. Every Major Studio has like  Arthouse division, Disney/20th Century Studios has Searchlight, Universal has Focus Features, Sony has Sony Pictures Classics. Paramount Always yearly releases art films, Warner Bros Always does middle films even with Zaslav. Etc, etc. They are not on peril. 

Edited by Day and Date The Best

32 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Why every standard movie that is not a comic book movie here is said to be some original blah blah when this was typical Hollywood masala movie. Nothing bad about that.

If you look earlier in this thread, you’ll notice I clearly said that this doesn’t look like anything unique for a sci-fi premise. All I said was this movie isn’t part of an established brand, which is objectively true. It’s not an adaptation of any pre-existing IP.