Eric Furiosa

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 WEEKEND THREAD

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Overseas start is very impressive and with good WOM its going to have a great run. Probably is beating everything but DS2 among MCU sequels from last year. 

you mean overseas number or worldwide total because I can’t see this beating Thor 4 or especially BP2 worldwide 

Anyone have stats for movies opening on Cinco de Mayo? I imagine that's why the hispanic % was so high last night, and I think a decent amount of people have today off. But I'm not sure if that's offset by people going out to eat/drinks, rather than to the movies.

Anyway, almost exactly what was expected. I still think it can hit over $120 mil OW with that.

Glad the last CBM I saw was dark knight rising. That way I can watch the numbers and not fight about them.

LastvOW I was disappointed for was scream 5 and that's only cause stupid omicron variant kept people home. It still legged oit nicely for a dead franchise (at the time)

Avatar 2s opening was disappointing but then again the originals wasn't that great either. Look at its legs though...

Edited by screambaby

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Ignore his projections. I post his posts here because he is the only one who usually provides comps.

even his comps lack context, like you can't compare OS openings if one movie opened earlier in key markets than the other ones

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

The official preview number you've all been waiting for:

$240K Love Again

Loved the post, just wanted to add a different reaction.  Maybe you can get the whole set. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1