kayumanggi

2024 Box Office Predictions and Discussion

22 minutes ago, Flip said:

Wish did just 2x its 5-day last year… 

I think Moana 2 reception will be better, but a multiplier of 2.2-2.3x from the 5-day OW wouldn’t surprise me, especially when you take into account that Encanto (which I think we can agree Moana 2 will be recieved worse than) only did a 2.36x multiplier with sequel effect boosting OW.

Firstly, Encanto is not a good barometer. And who knows if Moana 2 is going to be received worse than Encanto. No reviews are out, there aren’t test screenings saying it’s the death of cinema. And the straight to Disney+ tv show thing is a to be decided thing. We don’t know if the movie will be bad.

Actually people were doubting Inside Out 2 because it didn’t have Pete Docter or Michael Giacchino but that clearly didn’t matter. 

IO2 at least was conceived as a feature from the start, Moana 2 just isn't gonna completely shake the doubts until reviews come in. It may very well be a good film but given the circumstances it's just gonna have to earn its respect.

4 minutes ago, AniNate said:

IO2 at least was conceived as a feature from the start, Moana 2 just isn't gonna completely shake the doubts until reviews come in. It may very well be a good film but given the circumstances it's just gonna have to earn its respect.

Some people are expecting it to be direct to DVD Disney sequel level quality

Edited by HummingLemon496

On 12/29/2023 at 2:58 PM, stripe said:

Deadpool 3 - 375M DOM / 1b WW

Despicable Me 4 - 325M DOM / 950M WW

Twisters - 320M DOM /1b WW

Inside Out 2 - 300M DOM / 850M WW

Mufasa - 275M DOM / 900M WW

Gladiator 2 - 250M DOM / 700M WW

Joker 2 - 225M DOM / 650M WW

Dune 2 - 210M DOM / 640M WW

The Fall Guy - 190M DOM / 490M WW

Furiosa - 175M DOM / 450M WW

Venom 3 - 165M DOM / 550M WW

Godzilla x Kong - 160M DOM / 450M WW

If - 150M DOM / 420M DOM

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - 145M DOM /400M WW

Bad Boys 4 - 140M DOM / 400M WW

Ghostbusters - 140M DOM / 350M WW

Beetlejuice 2 - 130M DOM / 310M WW

Just for curiosity, I looked at the prediction I made in late December... LOL at the numbers for Fall Guy, Furiosa and the WW total of Twisters (even if DOM I wasnt that off).

Anyways, I rightly perceived months ago that Joker 2 could drop significantly. And very very happy with the strong overperformances of IO2, D&W, Dune and Beetlejuice.