kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

If the exchange rate has gotten so dismal now that 27b is 200, that’s not on me. In that case, Demon Slayer wouldn’t have even hit 300 in USD now. It would still be one of like 6 movies to hit that 20b mark, a very elite club. I think trying to say that the very leggy Japanese box office market can’t get a movie to 2x its two week total seems pretty bold, but we’ll see. 

2x its (hugely holiday boosted) 2week total is 13b. which I think is a good goal with a plausibility of 15b on great holds and toho giveaways.

20b on the other hand will be 2x its 5-week total. which is definitely not happening now. it has fallen way off pace for that and does not have a single holiday for the next 2 months. the weekends are good but the weekdays are not.

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

2x its (hugely holiday boosted) 2week total is 13b. which I think is a good goal with a plausibility of 15b on great holds and toho giveaways.

20b on the other hand will be 2x its 5-week total. which is definitely not happening now. it has fallen way off pace for that and does not have a single holiday for the next 2 months. the weekends are good but the weekdays are not.

Then where are those 10bY reports of its current gross in the Japan thread coming from? 

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Then where are those 10bY reports of its current gross in the Japan thread coming from? 

...? what reports are you talking about. the film as of sunday will be around (probably a tad below) 8b and that's 17 days.

Edited by JustLurking

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

On 5/8/2023 at 12:09 PM, Issac Newton said:

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

¥2,473,334,910 / ¥6,538,730,020

WKend is up by 34.2%!

2nd Weekdays add-ups are just ¥500M. WKend may be ¥1000M / ¥8.0B until Sunday ~ expected

Bunka Final Forecast is ~ ¥10B ($73.7M) 

Lol, not everyone is an ignorant. Everything projected by Industry has some Matrics not foolishness by some days insane run on holidays 

1-b-15-21.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Which upcoming Marvel projects will continue to restore faith in Marvel?

Secret Invasion

Deadpool 3

Spider-man 4

Will that be enough to boost Avengers 5 and 6?

Deadpool 3. Ryan won't let them mess up and everyone's hyped to see Hugh. Deadpool 3 is going to be massive. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, XXR Anti-Hero said:

Something like $560-580M DOM and $1.3-1.35B worldwide. 

then it's going straight to top 3 animated movies of all-time and beating frozen holy smokes

Edited by elhassane31

Just finished Guardians for a third time. Movie grows on me each viewing. Go see it, it’s one of Marvel’s best! Deserves the great holds it’s getting. Really hope it makes it to 350 DOM and 900WW, even though I know that’s a tall order.

• Like 9

I don't think GOTG Vol. 3 and the excellent hold this weekend say anything about the future of the MCU.  This was very much a film carved out from a different phase in Marvel where the films were more isolated and did their own thing.  

This was a throwback feature and James Gunn is now gone.   

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I don't think GOTG Vol. 3 and the excellent hold this weekend say anything about the future of the MCU.  This was very much a film carved out from a different phase in Marvel where the films were more isolated and did their own thing.  

This was a throwback feature and James Gunn is now gone.   

I think "best mcu movie since Endgame" positions phase 5 to be much better than phase 4.

If Marvel can build momentum from there and maintain it they're in really good shape by phase 6.

7 hours ago, Flopped said:

What happened here? I definitely felt the marketing muscle wasn't fully behind the movie (or any of the former HBO Max movies that were bumped to 2023 theatrical), not even close to movies like Scream or Smile. But it ended up outgrossing the 2013 Evil Dead with relative ease especially overseas, where it also passed both Screams last week. Did it just pick up at the last minute? 

• Closer on the horizon, Evil Dead Rise has come down to earth in updated tracking models, though it’s hard to rule out a last-second pop next week. After one week of pre-sales, it’s becoming clearer that Warner Bros.’ marketing muscle is not investing near as heavily into this franchise horror revival as TriStar Pictures did with 2013’s revamp, which opened to $25.8 million at the time.

Well, Knights of the Zodiac franchise is a pretty popular franchise outside United States. So, this isn't result isn't so weird.

That said, the movie isn't really popular between the fans of the franchise.

Edited by Kon