kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

Just now, Shawn said:

Not sure if posted elsewhere, apologies if so, but heard ~220k Friday from a reliable industry source for Knights of the Zodiac.

Insanely bad. With a budget of 60 million this thing's a flop for the ages honestly.

Was quiet-sobbing during a couple scenes in GOTG3. I just can't deal with animals getting hurt, but the movie was pretty good/effective (I'd say on par with the first two). At least the OS numbers are something of a trend reversal for MCU.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Just finished Guardians for a third time. Movie grows on me each viewing. Go see it, it’s one of Marvel’s best! Deserves the great holds it’s getting. Really hope it makes it to 350 DOM and 900WW, even though I know that’s a tall order.

I'm watching it for my second viewing in a couple hours.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

25M would be nice, 59-60M weekend depending on SUN drop 

Hoping for 25.5 - 25.8 tho but i won’t complain with 25

I'd say 24.5 - 25.5 is the range. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched the movie and I am now more excited to see it succeed. Easily one of the best superhero movies ever, the best MCU movie in ages, a perfect finale to Guardians and IMO the perfect finale to the MCU. I am still going to watch the movies, but the MCU that I grew up with and I really care about ended today just perfectly. I feel satisfied, from now on it will not be the same thing.

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

Just watched the movie and I am now more excited to see it succeed. Easily one of the best superhero movies ever, the best MCU movie in ages, a perfect finale to Guardians and IMO the perfect finale to the MCU. I am still going to watch the movies, but the MCU that I grew up with and I really care about ended today just perfectly. I feel satisfied, from now on it will not be the same thing.

Yes. Perfect is a great way to sum it. Told my wife that as far as tying things up post endgame, this was a much better option (in original release plans) than the 2021 bit with Spidey, and that was a fine film on its own. 

Guardians 3 just really highlights how much the MCU has struggled to have a cohesive identity post Endgame. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yes. Perfect is a great way to sum it. Told my wife that as far as tying things up post endgame, this was a much better option (in original release plans) than the 2021 bit with Spidey, and that was a fine film on its own. 

Guardians 3 just really highlights how much the MCU has struggled to have a cohesive identity post Endgame. 

Yes. IMO all the characters arcs were simply beautifully done and ended in such a perfect way that I think I don't want them to appear again and be pushed into MCU one more time, the ending just could not be any better and that is the final image I want to have of the Guardians. This movie just really felt to me like the ending of an era, just the same way that Endgame was, but in this case even more emotional for me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

Couldn't agree more. I grew up on the mcu starting in 2008 so it feels nice to have a great finale for the Guardians and send off that final era in such an amazing way. Felt the same way I did with Endgame where I was so satisfied and happy with how the chapters I grew up watching ended. Kinda tuning out of the mcu was just waiting for this lol. It's straight up such a great film on its own

Edited by mmed1345
  • Like 1