Eric is Quiet

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

11 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I assume Disney dropped the dwarves after being publicly dragged by Peter Dinklage when news of the remake broke.

10 minutes ago, screambaby said:

Yeah I remember somewhere the rumor (at the time) they weren't casting dwarves cause it was offensive to little people and the little people l e said  'so you want to take jobs away from us?'

This shows it could be difficult to know how to not be offensive on certain situations.

Edited by Kon

11 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

lack of dwarfs?? Wait what?

7 minutes ago, Kon said:

Apparently, it's offensive to use dwarfs.

6 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Snow white and 7 unemployed dwarf actors.

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, rather than updating them from being miners in a cave to something modern and cool and giving 7 little people starring roles in a Disney movie, they are having "magical creatures" of some sort that sorta will kinda fill the same role?

Yeah, keep me in the financial bomb category...

I mean, they are the heroes of the dang movie.  And you took them out - who makes these decisions at Disney?

This will be the narrative the usual suspects post on social media when it comes to release time. Therefore, it’ll be an uphill battle. They can’t win. 

Employ the dwarves: this is inappropriate/offensive. 

Don’t have dwarves: where are the jobs for dwarves? 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

They are making a Snow White movie ...

WITHOUT the dwarfs??

What?

There are only so many little people actors to go around, all of them were engaged on Wonka playing the Oompa-Loompas.

7 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ya'll need to take a deep breath and remember that:

1. DOM OW > Aladdin is spectacular for Miss Ariel

2. Disney released Avatar 2 literally just 5 months back, featuring a Native American coded race of aliens played by actors of all races, and it went on to become Top 3 WW

Shoulda painted Ariel blue.

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This will be the narrative the usual suspects post on social media when it comes to release time. Therefore, it’ll be an uphill battle. They can’t win. 

They can win by ignoring the cry babies and put in the dwarves. Only a tiny negligible percent of people will be offended if they casted dwarves.

• Like 8

Magical creatures - lmao. Appalling. 
Zegler will probably be great, but if there’s not seven dwarfs then it’s not Snow White. Simple as that. What are they doing over there? I can’t believe this to be true??

• Like 1

95M huh? All weekend I thought TLM was doing way better only to realize that the box office mojo number has been off by ten million and was NEVER FIXED. I swear they've been screwing up the numbers for almost every major film that comes out now. Considering how easy it is to just type in a correct number, or notice it's wrong before an entire day passes, I have to imagine they're doing it on purpose...

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

People can and will find offense in anything.

Just make stuff as it is, as it was loved, Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, screambaby said:

Yeah I remember somewhere the rumor (at the time) they weren't casting dwarves cause it was offensive to little people and the little people l e said  'so you want to take jobs away from us?'

Disney are a bunch of lunatics.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The people who'll go to watch the movie are much more in number than people who take offense on everything.

But if you alienate general audience then you'll end up in a ditch.

What even are Magical Creatures, will Disney make them Photorealistic too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, screambaby said:

My thoughts exactly.

See the Progressiveness in a massive corporation holding back healthy paychecks and worldwide exposure for 7 actors in a demographic who get very few leading roles.

Reminiscent of the ballyhoo surrounding the musical Company when it changed the male lead to female and added a gay relationship....meaning that a show that was a 60% female cast was instead 65% dudes. 

And the Brit Awards having a Gender Neutral best artist....and consequently only men being nominated. 

I work I'm the experience realm including Santa experiences and so know several little people who work in entertainment. Every one of them would have treated this as an amazing opportunity. Its insane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Universal has some problems. They ran their two big live action franchises, Jurassic and Fast, into the ground

Jurassic can come back, it'll take some time though.

Fast is really burried, they need to have Fast XI, Can't be making 12 at this rate.