Eric is Quiet

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

I wont be too surprised if Barbie end under 100 tbh

Lol no. My job is literally to understand the gen z and young millennial pulse in entertainment related social media, and every piece of marketing for it has been huge on that front. Even if the hype doesn’t translate like it should, 200+ should be locked.

14 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Lol no

What’s realistically beating $375M+? 

I highly doubt MI7 is increasing by 70% from MI6

barbie could breakout but $300M+ feels like a stretch 

I guess ATSV has a good chance but something tells me it’s going to be a lot more frontloaded than expected 

the dissonance of literally every single piece of barbie marketing going insanely viral, and then a bunch of guys here who aren't really the audience for it going "I don't understand, who's the audience for this?" is pretty funny.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Its perfectly possible for Guardians have late great legs and hit 400m. Otherwise I hope it does not win the summer. it would be disappointing if no movie hit that mark after Mario just crushed all expectations. 

I am hopeful for Spider-verse. Nothing else is likely at this point. 

• Like 1

Yeah, not only is it entirely possible that nothing else this summer quite surpasses $375M, the rest of the year looks worse, like what is realistically going to get there? Aquaman 2? Wish?

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its perfectly possible for Guardians have late great legs and hit 400m. Otherwise I hope it does not win the summer. it would be disappointing if no movie hit that mark after Mario just crushed all expectations. 

I am hopeful for Spider-verse. Nothing else is likely at this point. 

Gotg can’t even hit 375 at this point, sad as it is.   

I hope SV2 crosses 400, in which case gotg2 likely has summer 2nd place followed hopefully by MI7 but could be Tlm if the season goes poorly

Edited by Legions of the Galaxy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Gen z and millennials. I really don’t understand why this question keeps coming up? It’s very clearly not targeted at kids. 

and they would want to see this movie why? Especially the male audience 

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the dissonance of literally every single piece of barbie marketing going insanely viral, and then a bunch of guys here who aren't really the audience for it going "I don't understand, who's the audience for this?" is pretty funny.

that kind of stuff has never guaranteed a good box office total 

16 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Pretty much this, i don’t even know how to answer that because to me it’s so obvious. 

Literally everyone i know at my age are counting the days for this movie, it’s the one movie everyone keeps talking about it everytime something new drops. 

Same for social media, every photo, every announcement, every video for this gets insane viral engagement. 

Sure, we won’t know how this will translate into box office, but the hype is insane, right now there’s a challenge on twitter involving drawing inspired by the latest trailer. 

It’s a wildcard for sure but disregard how everything from this movie is clicking strongly with gen z and millenials is weird to me, they’re clearly aiming this audience and they’re hooked.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Great, as if this thread couldn't get any worse we're posting Oppenheimer spoilers in here.:rolleyes:

Dude! I didn’t even know that was a spoiler until your comment 😕 

• Sad 3