Issac Newton

Weekday Thread | WED NUM - Spidey $6.4M TF7 $4.3M TLM $3.0M

32 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Gains back $1.6M against GOTG 3's BO track after losing about $6.5M on the weekend.  It should gain every day this week again, and we'll see if it gains more weekdays than loses on the weekend (as it did last week)...it's gonna need to keep gaining to get to $400M, b/c GOTG 3 won't get there...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

what was Aladdin's competition? Blackening (AA audience) and Elemental(families) plus No Hard Feelings (women) next week could erode some audience even if they don't open big. 

Men In Black International was opening on 2019 Father's Day. Toy Story 4 and Child's Play the following week 

-61% for Spidey is a much better drop than Wonder Woman's -67% on the exact same date from 2017.

I'm curious now if fewer schools were off in mid-June 2017 versus 2023 since Wonder Woman's second weekend was very strong while its weekdays have been losing to Spidey. I'd have thought both of them releasing on the same calendar day would make it a good apples to apples comparison but now I'm not sure.