Eric Onion

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

how the hell is that a musical. And how the hell is that R-rated

Because i somehow got Sweeney Todd and Edward Scissorhands mixed up, all i remembered is that it was Johnny Depp playing some Emo guy that uses scissors

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This sounds like the kind of crime Ezra Miller would respond to if they were an actual superhero.

No description available.

i can't believe anyone rawdogs this website without ad block. unusable. 

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Not sure why there seems to be a disconnect between domestic audience versus overseas audiences?

Here in Asia - i am see incredible audience scores for The Flash; legit best DCEU movie levels across China, Taiwan, HK, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia to name a few...

And having watched the film; I genuinely think it was great. CGI was not as wonky as people are saying.

But seems that domestically - the postrac and RT audience scores are a little underwhelming currently?

It's not uncommon.

Different places, different audience, different tastes, different reception.

I don't think people outside US understand how much CNN has suffered since Zaslav came into picture...their ratings tanked horribly and were doing worse than Newsmax few days after that infamous townhall happened. This is despite lot of people warning CNN about not to do townhall but they still went ahead with it. Zaslav's tenure so far has been nothing but disastrous

Just now, upriser7 said:

I don't think people outside US understand how much CNN has suffered since Zaslav came into picture...their ratings tanked horribly and were doing worse than Newsmax few days after that infamous townhall happened. This is despite lot of people warning CNN about not to do townhall but they still went ahead with it. Zaslav's tenure so far has been nothing but disastrous

CNN's always had meh ratings, pretty sure the Newsmax thing had more to do with Fox letting go Tucker Carlson causing their ratings to explode 

44 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the marvels looks fun i think it should do quite well. despite the ms marvel show not being popular i think it'll be good for the movie she's a more charismatic and fun protagonist.

Agree..when I watched the teaser, the thing that stood out to me witty and charming Kamala's character came across.

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

CNN's always had meh ratings, pretty sure the Newsmax thing had more to do with Fox letting go Tucker Carlson causing their ratings to explode 

they were always 3rd in ratings behind MSNBC, Fox but their ratings tanked by almost 40-50% since the townhall happened. They lost lot of their core base due to that townhall

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i can't believe anyone rawdogs this website off mobile without ad block. unusable. 

This is on desktop! I will say that often I go to click the top box office discussion link it suddenly expands the ad and I accidentally click it. That is probably why this site thinks I like big titties so much (I'm more of a butt guy. Or BOT guy!!!)

3 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

I would not even put Mufasa under expected, I don't think it gets to 100m at all. Feels like a movie with little demand unless it's very very good. 

I spent a nice morning in DC, so I'm working my way through all the pages of this thread (yeah - lots of pages!)...

But I did want to stop and say...

Guaranteed $100M openers - Spiderverse and Deadpool 3...everything else?

If I was to pick a movie that might still do it this year...not named MI7, b/c it went with the crazy release schedule, so 7 day opens don't count...

Even though this movie is NOT in my wheelhouse and I didn't love the 1st - I'd go Dune 2.  Those fans are nuts, it will be IMAXed and set to the max, and I can see fans buying every day of the weekend and enjoying probably a very huge set of showings...

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This is on desktop! I will say that often I go to click the top box office discussion link it suddenly expands the ad and I accidentally click it. That is probably why this site thinks I like big titties so much (I'm more of a butt guy. Or BOT guy!!!)

i can't do it man. I turned off my adblock one time...

On 9/7/2022 at 1:41 AM, CoolioD1 said:

ruUYyUW.png?1

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

The studies have milked the hell out of those properties over the last 2 decades. The franchise game really took off in 2001 and has never relented. Indiana Jones having a Flash-like opening would be the nail in the coffin on this front. It is not as simple as "audiences want nostalgia". They want it in a very specific way. 

Hollywood is going to have to actually take some risks and produce quality stuff. We may be about to see this pay off with Barbie. Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers were widely viewed as impending flops which became huge franchises.

Another obvious source for material will be taking streaming hits to the big screen. I.E. I think we all know that Stranger Things or Game of Thrones moving final seasons or episodes to film would have been enormous box office hits.

This is on a smaller scale for sure, but I'm REALLY hoping the Peaky Blinders film (if it's still happening) will be a theatrical release, and not a streaming/TV movie. Have Focus Features release it like Downton Abbey, maybe a $30m budget. I legit think it could easily make $100m+ WW if they market it as the real "Finale" for the show/Tommy Shelby.

It has a very sizable fanbase, Cillian Murphy is well liked and is about to get a huge boost with Oppenheimer. I really think it could be a major success, make an unreal amount of money in the UK and pretty good numbers in the US as well. It being a success would be a huge boon for R Rated Crime Dramas

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Bane, Joker and Two Face my faves.

Unless you meant the bat-family exclusively.

I am so sad Gotham Knights got canceled b/c I loved their Harvey Dent interpretation and the Court of Owls!  If only they had a real Bat Brat to revolve the show around...