Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

39 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

NEW RELEASES

FLASH, THE (2023)B

...is it too late to float sub-$50M on the table? 

Cause at this point, I just wanna see how far this falls just for the chaos. 

• Heart 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well, you’re both from Mexico but you’re both in a forum from US, so you should know racial discussions in US are completely different than in Latin America and yes, it includes countries. 

I don’t know what type of joke you’re trying to do with what i said, but I’m from Brazil, i’m white for our standards. When i go to US or Europe, they call me Latino as a race just because i’m brazilian, or person of color.

A white latino is still latino in this context, is still perceived as race. Yes it’s absurd and i found it personally ridiculous, but it is what it is. There’s many articles and studies about the difference in race perceptions from US and Europe if you’re interested. 

If you’re not whatever, this discussion is getting absolutely ridiculous and i’ll just stop it here.

To claim that a white Latino faces the same type of discrimination that a brown/black Latino suffers is absurd.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, LVB said:

To claim that a white Latino faces the same type of discrimination that a brown/black Latino suffers is absurd.

And where did i claim that? I just said white latinos are still perceived as a race, and they are. I didn’t say anything about being the same treatment of black latinos, this is on you, and i didn’t need to say it tbh because it’s obvious that is not. 

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

David Zaslav Saw ‘The Flash’ 3 Times, “It’s the Best Superhero Movie I've Ever Seen" — World of Reel

“Can I say one more thing? The Flash is fucking amazing. Like it's one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. [Director] Andy Muschietti did an amazing job.”

-James Gunn Thinks The Flash Is F—cking Amazing (collider.com)

This has been the most transparent and flop 'The Emperor's got new clothes' narrative that any studio has tried to push this hard in recent years

Just now, Ross612 said:

What club is that?

"Creatives a major company/studio hyped up to oblivion and to whom they declared their loyalty towards and even promised them future projects, that got dropped immediately as the major films they did flopped" 

People forget that the love that studios have for people is extremely conditional.

• Like 1

I do feel bad for Muschietti though. I feel he's an empathetic storyteller (who doesn't include random weird shit like Gunn) and the emotional core of The Flash was easily its strongest part.

The multiverse aspects tho 

Edited by Spidey Freak

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

I do feel bad for Muschietti though. I feel he's an empathetic storyteller (who doesn't include random weird shit like Gunn) and the emotional core of The Flash was was

He'll be fine as long as he sticks to mid-budget material as he has shown he's at his best there. 

15 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

ELEMENTAL (2023)A

Hell yeah, strong Cinemascore for Elemental. As somebody who saw the film today (loved it, btw) the kids in the audience ate it up and there was a grown man weeping next to me by the end. It's going to have strong WOM. I don't know if it's going to save it in the long run but my gut instinct is that it will, at least, have a healthy shelf life on streaming and home media.

3 minutes ago, 21C said:

"Creatives a major company/studio hyped up to oblivion and to whom they declared their loyalty towards and even promised them future projects, that got dropped immediately as the major films they did flopped" 

People forget that the love that studios have for people is extremely conditional.

Chloe Zhao is doing Hamnet for Amblin from Spielberg, announced recently. 

She signed a deal with Searchlight to produce TV a few months ago, which is from Disney.

And her Dracula movie from Universal is still happening, insiders were saying she’s meeting Pattinson to talk about him as lead like a month ago and she said recently she’s finishing up the script. 

I would guess she won’t return to Eternals tbf, but she didn’t lost any project, in fact she keep the one she was working during Eternals release and sign 2 more after. 

• Like 1