Eric Lasagna

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

34 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Friendly reminder that Disney+ is still losing money (and subscribers) to the company.

And as other posters have said. TLM is doing Ok domestically. Its just that with so many movies flopping all around, it makes it the movie look like a BO  juggernaut in comparison.

You said it would be a Solo tier disaster 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Mulder said:

You said it would be a Solo tier disaster 

And a week ago I said I was wrong about that and that I was also wrong about my Spiderverse 2 prediction. What's your point?

Edited by Boxx93

13 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

And a week ago I said I was wrong about that and that I was also wrong about my Spiderverse 2 prediction. What's your point?

It's just hilarious to see you still try to argue against TLM after that like you haven't had a clear and overt bias against it.

• Like 5
  • Knock It Off 1

34 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's just hilarious to see you still try to argue against TLM after that like you haven't had a clear and overt bias against it.

Dude, I'm just stating the facts. If you like the movie that's fine, good for you. But I don't go around harassing people for saying something bad about a movie that I like but others don't like you.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mulder said:

TLM haters doing the most against a film for little black underserved baby girls.

A choice.

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Dude, I'm just stating the facts. If you like the movie that's fine, good for you. But I don't go around harassing people for saying something bad about a movie that I like but others don't like you.

I haven't even seen it nor will I probably ever see it, it's just a hilariously obvious schtick that's incredibly annoying.

2 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I feel pretty confident that Disney's casting choices with TLM played less of a role in it's underperformance than it's the upteenth Disney Live Action Remake, and while the 1989 original has it's loyal fans, the fact is it was never as popular as the rest of the Renaissance-era animated musicals. It's total B.O. was $211m, compared to B&TB's $440m two years later, and Aladdin's $500m three years later. Not to mention Lion King doing almost $1b five years later. It made basically what the original Jungle Book and 101 Dalmatians did in the 1960s.

The simplest explanation is that The Little Mermaid is not one of the more popular Disney animated musicals, and didn't warrant such an expensive live action remake.

Very faulty comparison. Mermaid arrived at a dark, dark time for Disney and animation. It came on the back of costly flops that almost shuttered the Disney Animation department. Animated movies were seen as cartoons, just kids stuff. Beauty wouldn't have made 440m if Mermaid hadn't opened the door. Mermaid walked so the others could run. 

Mermaid is really one of the most important and impactful movies in the last 50 years of film. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

Netflix is now profitable so I doubt they care about theaters.

password sharing measures was genius. Not gonna lie. Easy thing to clamp down on. Please don’t the US regulated credit card rewards anytime soon. I’ve racked up around a 100k in rewards the past 15 years.

• Like 1

Looks like TLM had its harshest Sunday drop yet at 35% versus the sub-20% the past 2 weeks. Not only did it not benefit from Father's Day or Monday being a holiday at all, it actually had the opposite effect. Makes sense in retrospect, as this is not a male-skewing film at all.

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Looks like TLM had its harshest Sunday drop yet at 35% versus the sub-20% the past 2 weeks. Not only did it not benefit from Father's Day or Monday being a holiday at all, it actually had the opposite effect. Makes sense in retrospect, as this is not a male-skewing film at all.

Did Disney ever provide revised estimates? I thought it was believed Guardians 3 came in closer to 5.5 than 5.0 but I never saw that updated.

6 hours ago, Litio said:

Even if 'Elemental' and 'The Flash' are not profitable, they will be able to pay the release + marketing costs and cover partially the production costs. That's more than Netflix can dream of.
Let's be honest, this is truly the BIGGEST BOMB of the weekend:

Reveal hidden contents

Budget: $65m
Marketing: $50m+ (Although I don't doubt it's $100m+)

Box Office: $0

Other revenue: $0
Total LOSS: $115m+

The Warners and Disney studios wish that was true.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Did Disney ever provide revised estimates? I thought it was believed Guardians 3 came in closer to 5.5 than 5.0 but I never saw that updated.

They did on The Numbers. $11,051,544 for TLM and $5,287,377 for GotG3.  The latter did increase 20% on Father's Day whereas TLM dropped 35%. Elemental dropped 18% on Sunday for an OW of $29,602,429.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

TLM haters doing the most against a film for little black underserved baby girls.

A choice.

I was gont to respond, but will respect the Mod's request that the discussionof this is over.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1