Eric is Quiet

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

11 minutes ago, Austin said:

Also, did there used to be many more users on BOT because there is no world I can see a weekend thread reaching 1000 pages from the time I've spent on here since April?

The good ol days of BOT. Every weekend thread almost always reached thousands of posts. Even for a boring opening one. But everything changed since the pandemic…

18 hours ago, excel1 said:

We practically live at that mall and the entire lobby was visibly full at 8 pm.

Clearly this means a huge day is in store 😲

I can't tell if you are intentionally trolling or not anymore.

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

What are the longest weekend threads in BOT history?

Jurassic World - 440 pages

Avengers Endgame - 397 pages (has the most views though)

The Dark Knight Rises - 386 pages

Han Solo - 375 pages

Transformers 4 - 374 pages

Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 370 pages

Infinity War - 369 pages

BvS - 373 pages

Jurassic World has the longest 2nd and 3rd weekend threads at 311 and 167 pages respectively. Although JW had the assist of Inside Out in its 2nd weekend. 

Rogue One Christmas weekdays thread is the longest weekdays thread with 161 pages. 

PS: page numbers may be lower for users as they cannot see hidden posts. 

You can check the threads here at - https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/76-numbers-and-data/?sortby=posts&sortdirection=desc

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

It's insane that we have footage of the second this franchise imploded.

zacksynder-manofsteel.gif

It's a shame that his superhero movies are so boring, dull, and slow. 

Because he has some of the greatest trailers of all time. He was also pretty great at action directing and incorporating special effects into his films.

25 minutes ago, Austin said:

Is there any way The Flash can be salvageable post theatrical run, or is that asking too much?

I can't see anything that it could do to be generate revenues post release.

It's not going to drive streaming subscribers. It seem like the people who like it are the already die hard DC fans.

PVOD revenues won't be anything special. The fact that kids did not give this favorable reviews means toy sales are not likely to be a factor.

Damn. Going back through the old, monster weekend threads is a trip down memory lane. I don't know if anything can ever top the hype on this forum from the start of Endgame presales (anyone remember Gavin's chart in the China thread, or Deep Wang's gifs?) through the Monday after OW. Best box office period ever.....

:whosad:

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Jurassic World - 440 pages

Avengers Endgame - 397 pages (has the most views though)

The Dark Knight Rises - 386 pages

Han Solo - 375 pages

Transformers 4 - 374 pages

Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 370 pages

Infinity War - 369 pages

BvS - 373 pages

Jurassic World has the longest 2nd and 3rd weekend threads at 311 and 167 pages respectively. Although JW had the assist of Inside Out in its 2nd weekend. 

Rogue One Christmas weekdays thread is the longest weekdays thread with 161 pages. 

PS: page numbers may be lower for users as they cannot see hidden posts. 

You can check the threads here at - https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/76-numbers-and-data/?sortby=posts&sortdirection=desc

I think we can all agree that Jurassic World had the best weekend thread of all time. Those numbers going up and up and up throughout the day/evening Friday was legendary. 

June 12, 2015. No day on BOT has topped it since. 

• Like 7

Watched The Flash earlier today and it serves as a perfectly fine mindless summer action flick. Keaton was easily the best part although Miller's performance was mostly solid. I don't have any gripes about the story or effects like others do. Sure, it's nowhere as great as Gunn hyped it up to be; but it is a solid B+ superhero flick.

My only major complaint with the film is the bizarre personality change Miller's primary character undergoes. Without risking spoilers, just compare Miller's Allen in the first 20 minutes and the final few minutes before the credits against Miller's Allen during the central bulk of the movie. He was one type to start off then he inexplicably changed personality types for the bulk of the movie before seemingly reverting back to his original personality type at the end. Not sure if it was the acting, writing or directing here but it was very weird.

Still, it's not the worst thing I have seen so far this summer and it's certainly not deserving of the hate being thrown at it.

Edited by LonePirate

15 hours ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Chloe will write and direct Eternals 2 because Feige understands that Eternals wad great 😎

The box office truly spoke volumes to this statement.

7 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

How long does excel1 usually ghost when something like this happens?  

Roughly 0 minutes. I am a big boy who has been through this before, and would also like to note that Aquabro will be a giant hit it is any good. :) 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, CrashBandicoot81 said:

Pixar must be happy to have the Flash self-destruct as it is taking away attention to the fact that Elemental isn't doing so hot either.

Both will lose like a $100M+ but we might have the king of flops in the next couple of weeks with Indiana Jones 5 if that $60M projection turns out to be true.