kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

24 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Audience’s message to WB’s DC division is literally ‘No Hard Feelings’ as they make that movie no.1 and let Flash collapse 70% percent. You couldn’t make it up. 

DCEU. The Batman and Joker was huge hits and last time i checked they are DC. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Elemental is going to make less on it’s second weekend than Cars 2 and Cars 3. It will probably barely exceed The Good Dinosaur and only make half of Brave’s second weekend.  It’s fighting neck-and-neck with 30 year old original Toy Story. The last original Pixar movie released fully in theaters, Coco, made 35m second weekend. Elemental would be lucky to make half that.

Man, Disney+ has absolutely gutted Pixar. It’s not like reception is bad for this movie or anything.

On the bright side it's already past Strange Worlds Domestic total.

• Haha 2

I'm gonna see No Hard Feelings tomorrow. It will probably be mediocre but I miss seeing these kind of movies in theaters. I grew up on these movies. Some of my earliest memories are seeing R-rated studio sex comedies in theaters. This is probably why I have a broken brain and want to jump off a bridge anytime a date goes poorly for me. Anyway No Hard Feelings yay!

• Like 3
  • Heart 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm gonna see No Hard Feelings tomorrow. It will probably be mediocre but I miss seeing these kind of movies in theaters. I grew up on these movies. Some of my earliest memories are seeing R-rated studio sex comedies in theaters. This is probably why I have a broken brain and want to jump off a bridge anytime a date goes poorly for me. Anyway No Hard Feelings yay!

Just remember that all those bad dates are only there to make up a montage to show how unlucky in love you are in the first 20 minutes of the movie!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

This is why I think people going on about WDAS and Pixar needing to cut their budgets need to think twice and it looks like the $100m budget for Spider-Verse was more like $150m. 

90 minutes animated feature shouldn't cost like Red Dead Redemption 2 production budget, this is crazy. I don't think Spider-Verse would've cost 150 mln without terrible crunch, maybe 120 mln, but not 150 mln.

• Knock It Off 1

The fact that Inside Out 2 is probably Pixar’s best chance anytime soon is majorly concerning. They’ve had a sequel problem forever as it is. If IO2 is their first hit in years after all these original flops, we are getting Montsers Inc 2, Finding Marlin, Cars 4, Incredibles 3, Wall E 2, Rata2oille, Down, and Toy Stories 6-10 put into immediate production. It will be insufferable 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

90 minutes animated feature shouldn't cost like Red Dead Redemption 2 production budget, this is crazy. I don't think Spider-Verse would've cost 150 mln without terrible crunch, maybe 120 mln, but not 150 mln.

So you are saying the most famously underpaid industry should be the standard for entertainment business? Do you know why the gaming industry is so absurdly profitable? Because gaming devs are treated even worse than the film industry. Come the fuck on now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

So did your parents just not like Sesame Street in the house? What was going on in the Clay household? :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

So you are saying the most famously underpaid industry should be the standard for entertainment business? Do you know why the gaming industry is so absurdly profitable? Because gaming devs are treated even worse than the film industry. Come the fuck on now.

I sincerely wonder why some people act as they are part of the elite. 

Nobody here is profiting from precarious work conditions still some people deliberately ask for this in order to budgets that pleases executives. 

Their job is to sell the damn movies, they knew how to sell original stories before, just learn it again.

And when it comes to animations it baffles me seeing people saying is absurd to a Pixar movie costing 200M. Arguably, their 200M movies looks way better than nearly all the live action 200M movies. 

• Like 5

Every time I see somebody use the "Knock it off" notification I feel like I'm Inigo Montoya telling Fencik "you keep using that notification, I do not think it means what you think it means."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 5

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

And when it comes to animations it baffles me seeing people saying is absurd to a Pixar movie costing 200M. Arguably, their 200M movies looks way better than nearly all the live action 200M movies. 

Having got back from Elemental...there's some clunky stuff in there, but that is not the case animation-wise. So many beautiful details and legit trippy sequences that are jaw-dropping to look at. Every dollar is on that screen and it goes a long way to give it charm and help ignore some of its shortcomings. Doesn't help granted I got the Ruby Gillman trailer before this, which honestly looks only a level above a Netflix preschool show.

• Like 1