kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

So you are saying the most famously underpaid industry should be the standard for entertainment business? Do you know why the gaming industry is so absurdly profitable? Because gaming devs are treated even worse than the film industry. Come the fuck on now.

I know that first hand, I'm just saying Pixar productions cost too much and don't deliver anymore. They shouldn't cost like huge live action blockbusters which also include huge salaries for main stars or anywhere near Rockstar game, even if we pretend they have less crunches and spend more. The nearest Pixar competition costs twice less, if not less, and not all of them have stories about crazy crunches. I'm totally against crunches, they are often inhuman and nobody should be forced to work beyond what he's paid for. It's more about optimizing process and smart spendings.

• Knock It Off 1

Watched an early matinee showing of No Hard Feelings. It's a fun and consistently funny film. It's definitely a solid summer comedy film worth watching. I wouldn't call it a comedy classic but there were more than enough entertaining moments to earn back the admission price and then some. The numerous jokes riffing on Lawrence's character's age almost always landed. There were maybe 25 people at my showing and pretty much everyone was over 30 years old which was a bit surprising as the marketing seemed to chase after the younger date crowd. I think the movie's legs could be decent (maybe not great but decent) as a final domestic total north of $50M should easily be achievable.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Menzel notoriously has terrible taste. He went to bat for CODA so hard. 

Lmao I forgot that movie even existed. Worst BP winner ever? Even Shakespeare in Love is at least a movie you don't forget won BP. And yes, Green Book is better than CODA. I especially hated the "wonderfully quirky and oversexed" parents. JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE DEAF DOESN'T MEAN THEY DON'T HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF SEX AND AREN'T FUNNY OK?? 

Edited by Flopped
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

I know that first hand, I'm just saying Pixar productions cost too much and don't deliver anymore. They shouldn't cost like huge live action blockbusters which also include huge salaries for main stars or anywhere near Rockstar game, even if we pretend they have less crunches and spend more. The nearest Pixar competition costs twice less, if not less, and not all of them have stories about crazy crunches. I'm totally against crunches, they are often inhuman and nobody should be forced to work beyond what he's paid for. It's more about optimizing process and smart spendings.

... what?

Why should a Pixar movie cost less than a Rockstar Game?

Not saying Pixar's necessarily a great place to work but when you say their budget should be like Sony's and Sony animation employees are worked to the bone...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Yeah I can 

Well you can say it but it's a complete fallacy. There's no merit to what you're saying. But go ahead and say it if it makes you feel better

6 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

We desperately need a videogame that instead of football manager is nerds managing a movie studio. I mean it would be shit, but clearly there is a market for it. Free idea right here, gaming devs.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

How much do you all want to bet we get a Superman Legacy casting announcement on Monday to soften Flash's blow? Especially since they have no pressure to hold it back until mid-July since Hollywood is pretty much skipping Comic-Con this year.

Eh I don’t think so. Not betting on it but I don’t think it’s coming so soon. Also WB hasn’t discarded a Hollywood presence at SDCC… yet. 

Edited by ZattMurdock

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Eh I don’t think so. Not betting on it but I don’t think it’s coming so soon. Also WB hasn’t discarded a Hollywood presence at SDCC… yet. 

Announcing Superman casting at SDCC if they even do Hall H would not help Gunn beat the "your reboot is overshadowing the current movies" accusations especially as if he announces him then or even brings the actor in after announcing him, literally no one would even bother talking about Aquaman 2 or Blue Beetle. It'd all be Superman. It's a dumb and unnecessary move. 

Don't get this obsession people have with announcing the casting at SDCC either. No Batman casting has ever been announced in SDCC, no Superman casting, hell no Spider-Man casting. Why should this time be any different?

Also being that Gunn couldn't even keep his shortlists under wraps, once he actually casts the guy I see no reason to believe he would be able to keep that under wraps from the trades. It'd leak, might as well announce it sooner rather than later.

Edited by 21C

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

While, like Flash, it wasn't exactly well received by audiences but it did gross 761M WW. Not sure it's a great comparison. Flash this weekend won't beat Love and Thunder's 4th weekend by much.

Thor: Love and Thunder is Kino.

8 minutes ago, 21C said:

Announcing Superman casting at SDCC if they even do Hall H would not help Gunn beat the "your reboot is overshadowing the current movies" accusations especially as if he announces him then or even brings the actor in after announcing him, literally no one would even bother talking about Aquaman 2 or Blue Beetle. It'd all be Superman. It's a dumb and unnecessary move. 

Don't get this obsession people have with announcing the casting at SDCC either. No Batman casting has ever been announced in SDCC, no Superman casting, hell no Spider-Man casting. Why should this time be any different?

Also being that Gunn couldn't even keep his shortlists under wraps, once he actually casts the guy I see no reason to believe he would be able to keep that under wraps from the trades. It'd leak, might as well announce it sooner rather than later.

rocket-racoon-guardians.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Watched an early matinee showing of No Hard Feelings. It's a fun and consistently funny film. It's definitely a solid summer comedy film worth watching. I wouldn't call it a comedy classic but there were more than enough entertaining moments to earn back the admission price and then some. The numerous jokes riffing on Lawrence's character's age almost always landed. There were maybe 25 people at my showing and pretty much everyone was over 30 years old which was a bit surprising as the marketing seemed to chase after the younger date crowd. I think the movie's legs could be decent (maybe not great but decent) as a final domestic total north of $50M should easily be achievable.

Wouldn't be shocked if Gen Zers find the premise of No Hard Feelings uncomfortable due to the "massive" age gap and *quesTionabLe pOweR dyNaMics* of the leads. Maybe they don't all think that way, but the Twitter brained ones are very loud...

Also, Gen Z missed out the 2005-2012ish era of huge R-rated comedy hits and experiencing the feeling of seeing movies like that with a crowd. A lot of people have the mindset that if it's not a visual spectacle or "event", seeing it at home is totally the same. To be fair it isn't only young people who feel that way these days.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Also, Gen Z missed out the 2005-2012ish era of huge R-rated comedy hits and experiencing the feeling of seeing movies like that with a crowd.

GenZ grew up around that time.

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Wouldn't be shocked if Gen Zers find the premise of No Hard Feelings uncomfortable due to the "massive" age gap and *quesTionabLe pOweR dyNaMics*

Which is interesting cause when I was 19 I was trying hard to get laid by a woman in her 30s. I still am!

• Like 2