Grebacio

Weekdays (June 26 - 30) | Spiderverse 2.78M, Flash 1.66M, Feelings 1.65M

Flash is now below TLM and T:ROTB in per screen average.

Going into a weekend with two wide releases, it should be the film that's going to lose the most screens, but, I think the sales job at CinemaCon likely convinced enough theatre owners that this was going to be a winner.

I'll be eager to see theatre counts this weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I'm not overly surprised on hollywood basically giving up on China beyond treating it like any other non-domestic market. 

Well, CFA has now reduced the restrictions. Unlike previous years, when a film takes 3 months to get release approval. Now, window is shorten to 14-Days. Things are getting better but at the same time choices are getting unique. Reception clearing getting a check and film definitely can't run on fandom, needs GA tbh.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

who cares about China, at most studios would bring 20m back home, so now they make 10m , big deal

I would care because Suzume nearly did $120M in China &SLAM DUNK closed to $93M. Market has potential but content needs quality.

11 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I'm not overly surprised on hollywood basically giving up on China beyond treating it like any other non-domestic market. 

I mean, you can’t lock yourself creatively to appeal to one single market. There are so many rules and bans that it’s kinda absurd to make it fit there.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

O/U $60M for Indiana Jones this weekend?

O/U $13M for ATSV and Elemental?

O/U $5.5M for The Flash?

Over

Under for both

Under, out of theaters, all copies burned, WB denies ever releasing anything called “The Flash.”