Grebacio

Weekdays (June 26 - 30) | Spiderverse 2.78M, Flash 1.66M, Feelings 1.65M

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Being a deadbeat father is far worse and he skates right through that.  Imagine not seeing your daughter since she was 7 and now she's going to college - when you had a custody agreement giving you 10 days a month but you couldn't be bothered because of your cult.

It’s baffling. I guess the general audience has decided to ignore his faults since he’s such a star and puts his all into his roles. 

34 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Why is that closeted Scientologist inserting himself into every Summer movie like he is the grandfather of the Summer Blockbuster or something? Sit. 

Could be because their fight for screens got so public, so the agency want to send some PR to each other to say it is not personal.

17 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

I’m kinda shocked the Scientology connection isn’t a bigger deal. Celebs get criticized for far less these days. 

Sometime it depends of their age, you gain in the public eyes some rights points you can spend (a young actor make Joaquin Phoenix Oscar speech and would have got weeks of youtube thumbnails reaction video)

Cruise went agent less at a time when the system lost the media control (The jump the couch on Oprah happened, youtube was like 3 months out, a long viral video shared-hosted by people with no money was completely novel) and was passed to the coal for the Scientology connection over and over (the harsh critics of the anti-depression medication with hindsight in the 90s-00s now we can see that it was not that better than placebo or simple exercise, that it didn't work for the reason general population thought when it did.

People need to smell blood to criticize celeb, that where the fun/kick come from, maybe they feel Cruise fan, Cruise itself and its team would not care at all, a young actress too, they feel there comments about some instagram picture that show some Halloween costume affair can get to her and her young fans, that it could hurt someone, so it is a better place to put energies.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

If the others were issuing buy one get one free through Fandango like The Flash...

think it was only for a day in the weekend, there were also limited number of tickets available. Think all were sold within a few hours though

On 6/28/2023 at 9:43 AM, The GOAT said:

There's so many bombs this summer. I wonder what the studio financial books look like. 

Box office has not recovered fully. Summer is too packed.

i would argue March as well; hence Shazam and D&D suffered..

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

$1M CLUB: DISCOUNT TUESDAY

1. ELEMENTAL ($4M)

2. SPIDER-MAN ($3.6M)

3. THE FLASH ($2.4M)

4. NO HARD FEELINGS ($2.2M)

5. TRANSFORMERS ($1.9M)

6. THE LITTLE MERMAID ($1.8M)

7. ASTEROID CITY ($1.2M)

That's just extraordinary for Elemental 

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

That's just extraordinary for Elemental 

Less than 20% drop from last Tues.  By Sunday it will probably be close to a 3x multi - if it does around a 4x from then it would finish about $140m+.   Inside Out made another $50m after a $11.5m w/e - 4.54x.  If Elemental does $13m that could mean near $150m

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm not the best at projecting summer legs for animated movies but Elemental should be heading to 120 right? That'd be very nice number.

At least that. Gillman looks like a nonstarter and no other animated competition until Turtles in August. Can probably carry these legs awhile.

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Elemental > Indy 5 DOM would be hilarious

It might be close! $50M OW for the former, so ~$150M finish? 

Meanwhile, Elemental looks to be pulling a Bad Guys, and could make a run for $150M as well, with no family competition (sorry Ruby) until possibly Barbie and then Haunted Mansion 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Box office has not recovered full. Summer is too packed.

i would argue March as well; hence Shazam and D&D suffered..

Shazam 2 wasn’t making money any time of the year. Black Adam bombed with 3 weeks of no competition in a barren October, and that had the star power of the Rock. Shazam 2 could’ve been released during an empty weekend in September and it still would’ve bombed

D&D was hurt by the competition but it would’ve bombed either way.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm not the best at projecting summer legs for animated movies but Elemental should be heading to 120 right? That'd be very nice number.

I think it could be looking at a range of $150-$170 considering the lack of competition. It will continue to play well to young audiences for the next 6+ weeks. Weekdays are especially strong. Considering how hard it had to fight for a theater audience, if it can crawl its way to 400m WW I think it can be considered a total win for Pixar, even if with that total it takes counting all ancillaries for it to break even for Disney. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, harry713 said:

I think it could be looking at a range of $150-$170 considering the lack of competition. It will continue to play well to young audiences for the next 6+ weeks. Weekdays are especially strong. Considering how hard it had to fight for a theater audience, if it can crawl its way to 400m WW I think it can be considered a total win for Pixar, even if with that total it takes counting all ancillaries for it to break even for Disney. 

Eh, it will play on Disney+ and Disney related channels for decades.  In the end it will make more for them than most of the stuff they produced to go direct to OTT

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Shazam 2 wasn’t making money any time of the year. Black Adam bombed with 3 weeks of no competition in a barren October, and that had the star power of the Rock. Shazam 2 could’ve been released during an empty weekend in September and it still would’ve bombed

D&D was hurt by the competition but it would’ve bombed either way.

I really think D&D could have done better on a different release date (like maybe some 20-30% higher at domestic boxoffice) but probably not good enough to end up as a profitable venture. It had good audience score (93% on RT) too

• Like 3