Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

I’m guessing Indiana Jones keeps the PLF’s next weekend? 

Funny that Indiana Jones and The Flash, the two biggest bombs of the year had little competition in their second weekends, compared with the rest of the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m guessing Indiana Jones keeps the PLF’s next weekend? 

Funny that Indiana Jones and The Flash, the two biggest bombs of the year had little competition in their second weekends, compared with the rest of the summer. 

Yeah. Insidious might get some late shows.

• Thanks 1

TF might beat Fast X. Still not a great tally, but it is holding on ok. FLASH might finish below GREEN LANTERN now. That's some achievement.

I think the Cruise missile will try to take as many PLF screens next weekend from INDY for advanced previews as possible.

17 minutes ago, Willowra said:

I don't understand this "chosen one" thing, so no comment on that, but Luke definitely showed his usefulness at the end of TLJ. Also, I think it was a mistake to not tease Palpatine at the end of TLJ, as that gave the false impression that they set up Kylo Ren as the main villain of TRoS. They wanted to surprise the audience and create some nostalgia by showing Palpatine at the last moment, but it didn't work for them.

Basically the fact that TFA clearly wanted Rey's ancestry to be an important smoking gun to be revealed later, while TLJ wanted Rey to be a nobody, and then ROS went back to what TFA wanted it to be in regards to the "chosen one" thing. It's just another case of something that really went back and forth throughout the trilogy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Basically the fact that TFA clearly wanted Rey's ancestry to be an important smoking gun to be revealed later, while TLJ wanted Rey to be a nobody, and then ROS went back to what TFA wanted it to be in regards to the "chosen one" thing. It's just another case of something that really went back and forth throughout the trilogy

TLJ would have been a great sequel to a completely different movie than TFA. Likewise, TROS was a sequel to something completely different from TLJ. So, TLJ and TROS were both sequels of movies we never saw. And TFA was a prequel to movies we never GOT to see. That's how I summarize the trilogy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

According to deadline they hear from sources Indy has a 329m budget!

bonkers. thats almost IW/EG numbers, and those had way higher actor expenses

Edited by swearwords

5 minutes ago, Goldenhour36 said:

Why Ruby Gillman played like a frontloaded YA film instead of a original animation film this weekend? It's IM was surprisingly low. 

Animation nerds went to see it opening weekend, while families are still flocking to Elemental and Across the Spider-Verse.

• Like 1