Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

Just now, TMP said:

Mangold’s dylan will be big, esp for Chalamet, but after that I think Swamp Thing’s a lot more of a surefire bet than his Star Wars film in terms of getting off the ground. Especially since Gunn green-lit it for Mangold specifically. I do wonder what it means for the DCU if 2 of the 3 confirmed directors so far had the 2 biggest bombs of 2023

I think the most likely scenario is that he'll try to get a big name like Gerwig for Supergirl, and also replace Muschietti with someone like Joseph Kosinski, Dan Trachtenberg or Sam Raimi for Brave and the Bold. Some exciting announcements that'd make investors more happy to invest on his new DCU. 

18 minutes ago, Eric Jones said:

This is what happens every time though. A director gets attached to a Star Wars movie, a director has a critical/commercial bomb, then the Star Wars project is canceled forever. At this rate, you might as well give up and never make another Star Wars movie again. It’s just too cursed.

Just hand the keys over 

ANDOR-TONY_GILROY_55473.jpg?quality=75&w

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ringedmortality said:

Gerwig is 40 though. Don't they need late 20s early 30s like Superman

I mean as director lmfao He has a Supergirl movie coming out. 

• Haha 4

The problem with these massive studio flops is that the people who are going to suffer most are the consumer. Your D+ subscription is going to go up to 18.99 a month to make up for Disney’s insane spending on DOD/Elemental. Ticket prices will continue to increase much faster than inflation. 

Corporations never lose.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

The problem with these massive studio flops is that the people who are going to suffer most are the consumer. Your D+ subscription is going to go up to 18.99 a month to make up for Disney’s insane spending on DOD/Elemental. Ticket prices will continue to increase much faster than inflation. 

Corporations never lose.

Those Lightning Lane prices about to go up at the Disney parks.

• Haha 1

I see some people on Twitter blaming Chapek for DoD. DoD was greenlit under Iger and can't see why Chapek would be solely responsible for the out of control budget when this is not the first Lucasfilm production to be crazy expensive

I already talked on here about the importance of controlling budgets but LucasFilm seems to be especially bad with it. There’s a book called Burn It Down (it’s about the toxicity of Hollywood, revealed the stuff that happened on Lost behind the scenes) that spoke about the company and there’s a fair amount about how there’s just no real control over the money spent on movies or shows there. $200M needs to be the maximum for money spent on movies at LF for the foreseeable future.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer
  • Like 2

I said to my brother to go to watch it cause there is a scene literally shoot behind my house, i saw the helicopter and i heard the noise the day the made it even with that my brother said to me "nah, i'm watching it on Disney Plus".

The surprise for me was my brother is not someone knows like Indiana jones is disney etc.. so i was like "how he knows". I opened Disney Plus earlier and the first you have on the  on the home page this weekend is "Indiana Jones collection + watch a backstage of the new film", so I guess he saw it so now he thinks it's like a disney plus thing 😅.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Corporations never lose.

indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny.gi

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 21C said:

I think the most likely scenario is that he'll try to get a big name like Gerwig for Supergirl, and also replace Muschietti with someone like Joseph Kosinski, Dan Trachtenberg or Sam Raimi for Brave and the Bold. Some exciting announcements that'd make investors more happy to invest on his new DCU. 

If he’s replacing muschietti, he might as well replace mangold too lol - they both directed tepidly reviewed IP mega bombs, with indy possibly being an even bigger money loser.

this is not Mangold fault, why should be turned against him?.

Some people should just accept doing a 300M budgeted action adventure movie with an 80 years old as main star it's exactly dumb as trying to make a 300M budgeted Lara Croft movie with Meryl Streep as Lara. 

Like nothing different 💀

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

It is not just about controlling budgets.

Lucasfilm (with Disney) ruined the Skywalker Saga.

Now they ruined Indy.

It’s about start fresh with a new boss, creative team alongside competent executives at Lucasfilm because they destroyed almost everything Lucas left them.

• Thanks 1