Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

11 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Jurassic World Dominion has a NET BUDGET, Repeat NET, not Gross of 265 million dollars Fallen Kingdom of ~431 Million dollars Net too. 

Second most expensive film after Star Wars Episode VII, A lot of times when you see a film say they costed X  million it really costed way more. That 2 billion to break even Avatar 2 news might be true and the budget really be over 460 approaching billion for a movie, it could be if the context of Episode Vii and Jurassic World movies costing more than reported initially applies to it too. 

Edited by Day and Date The Best
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

it wants to tell the audience to the kill the past and let it die and yet the very movie itself cyhens and poaches  from the past itself and won't let it die.

There are likely too many message in TLJ, but killing the past or letting it die was never one of them. Literally, the person who said that is the main villain and he trying to kill the past at the end is clearly shown as an inmaturity act.

It's mainly people angry about TLJ who takes Kylo's phrase about killing the past as a face value message from the movie.

Edited by Kon

36 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Who said that's how black people speak?  That's how Stan Twitter speaks, because their whole lingo is based on drag queens. Now even straight men are cosplaying as drag queens on Twitter saying things like "spill the tea!" 

And well, white gays on Stan Twitter want to be fierce black women like Beyonce and Nicki Minaj so they speak like exaggerations of black women. 

So you were imitating drag queens not mocking blacks?

Uh Huh Yes GIF

A Toast to the Fallen. Indiana Jones: The Dial of Destiny. The Flash. Elemental. Teenage Octopus. Transformers (?), The Little Mermaid (?), No Hard Feelings (?)

Lost, but never forgotten in our hearts

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Gen Z is going to hopefully force Hollywood to do better. Millennials were much more easily placated with nostalgia. 

The nimrod Zoomers will be watching everything on Netflix and HBO Max from now on. 

7 hours ago, LegionWrex said:

Anyways, finally got on to post my thoughts about the weekend (busy day!).

The only thing is good for Indy 5 is my derby, where I went with $60M as my prediction so I feel a little bit on high right now for being accurate about that. Other then that, this is really bad and while I don't know if the Deadline budget report is true or not (they have been wrong before) it still doesn't look good. It still has Monday and Tuesday with the 5-day weekend to try and recoup a little bit of ground but frankly what's done is done at this point. Mangold will likely be fine in the long run as he has enough accolades and industry clout under his belt but overall this is just terrible from all fronts, no ifs or buts about it.

Also equally as disastrous is the continued collapse of The Flash, which is pretty much over with. It at least crawled to $100M but I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't go much past that. WB pretty be praying that Barbie does gangbusters to recoup losses.

NHF isn't doing terribly but it's not doing great either. At the very least it's beat it's production budget of $45M in total worldwide ($49M WW so far) so that helps it a bit. Sucks it's struggling but I think that's mostly due to the crowded marketplace this summer more then anything, which is frankly the biggest issue I think this summer and I'll make a post about that later if I find the time.

Somebody brought it up before that Rise of the Beasts is basically this year's "The Legend of Tarzan", a movie that doesn't light the box office on fire but still makes more then expected considering and yeah, sounds about right. You know it's a bad summer when "underperformer" is basically widely seen as actually pretty good all things considered.

But to me the real winners continue to be Spider-Verse and Elemental. These two just keep chugging, especially Elemental who is just doing gangbusters overseas. I'm not going to call $400M WW yet on it cause that's a bit too ambitious BUT I can totally see it getting to that point personally. And I'm really happy for these two, these are my favourite movies of the month and both deserve your attention.

if ROTB is this year's Tarzan, what's ROTB's the V? 🤔

33 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Infact speaking of Gen Z and nostalgia..... NWH 

And before that: Finding Dory and The Incredibles 2. The oldest Gen-Z was like 8 years old when the originals came out, their nostalgia is one of the reasons of the sequels success. 

Edit: Actually 6-7 years old it seems since 1997 is the start (?) but the point is that Gen Z and nostalgia isn't a new thing. 

Edited by Mickiland16

34 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Gen Z is going to hopefully force Hollywood to do better. Millennials were much more easily placated with nostalgia. 

Having seen what occupies Gen Z entertainment wise...we're trading one bad thing for something worse.

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

To this day, the movie that does the “old broken hero going back to and trying to recapture their glory days” the best is The Incredibles, and anyone who disagrees is just simply wrong.

One of the best written action films period.

• Like 1