Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

What the fuck is going on right now? 

I honestly don't know. Somehow a movie that nobody had heard of 3 days ago has people here saying that there's a conspiracy element to it in different ways. I don't know man, human trafficking is not a conspiracy and I guess I'm not going to talk about this anymore either because I don't understand people sometimes.

• Like 2

Guess we got the fireworks started early today. Happy 4th!

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

Im sorry, I’ve said my piece, am moving on now 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I honestly don't know. Somehow a movie that nobody had heard of 3 days ago has people here saying that there's a conspiracy element to it in different ways. I don't know man, human trafficking is not a conspiracy and I guess I'm not going to talk about this anymore either because I don't understand people sometimes.

Is 2:30pm early enough for me to start drinking? 😅

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Is 2:30pm early enough for me to start drinking? 😅

Is 9:30 too early for me to start drinking? 😀

The faith based movies that sometimes do well never get released her in the UK, so this is the only time I hear about them. I doubt this will get a notable release here either. 

The decision to release it on July the 4th should also give people a heads up lol.

Is it only out for a week anyway? 

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

The film isn't about what the conspiracy theorists are touting about; it's just being successful because the nuts are spreading word that it is

I honestly don't really care, QAnon nuts are going to be QAnon nuts no matter what, they're way too far gone by now, if they're spending money on what seems to be a solid film instead of throwing them down whatever rabbit hole they usually throw them down, I don't really see a whole lotta hurt behind that

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

The original animation factor is a good point with Elemental. The bar is just ridiculously low there though since covid, so it’s hard to call something like 400 ww for Pixar any kind of win. I think most are failing to comprehend just how insane a 29m OW in peak summer out of the clutches of the pandemic was. That pretty much should have been impossible and would have been had the brand not been damaged so badly.

I mean even before release I was thinking 400m was a number Disney would've been ok with given the circumstances, and I think it is better morale wise if it gets to that through great legs as opposed to a massive opening and then dropping off quickly.

There's no debating the opening, it was terrible by any standard, but chalking up the legs to a mere "course correction" is willfully ignoring the fact that it's likely going to significantly outgross Pixar's two prior flops worldwide through the assistance of a very impressive overseas performance which possibly could surpass Spiderverse's. 

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, baumer said:

I mean, searching #SoundofFreedom on Twitter and selecting Top, not Latest, brought gems like this.

Screenshot-20230704-095042-2.png

A quick look at the video shows the star of the film talking about the adrenochrome conspiracy and how this movie will shine a light on that truth.

So... that's probably what the other poster is talking about. 

Now, you can ignore that and just focus on the movie, but yeah, the star is *openly* promoting the conspiracy theories in tandem with the film. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, JimmyB said:

This "pay it forward" thing explains what I saw yesterday at the theater.  At my Cinemark, Sound of Freedom had 10 showtimes yesterday and almost everyone was sold out online.  We saw a 3:30pm showing of Elemental (the movie was good) on the way to the  showing I walked into the Sound of Freedom auditorium and their we like 15-20 people watching the movie in a 50 seat auditorium yet online it was sold out. Anyone, who works at a theater and notice the same thing?

I imagine this is the norm and not exception with this pay it forward model. Nice gimmick though. Nice quick score for theater chains.

4 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Don't know if yesterday and today numbers belong here, or should we do weekdays thread

In 2017 we included all 5 days in one weekend, so we’ll just do what we did in 2017 and lump it all here.

• Like 2